Author Topic: c u r s i v e  (Read 4640 times)

wingelbert humptyback

c u r s i v e
« on: January 13, 2003, 06:40:00 am »
<BR>anyone going?<P>"the ugly organ" has been kicking my ass as of late, so i am looking forward to this one. kasher definitely rocks.

jadetree

Re: c u r s i v e
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 09:29:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B><BR>anyone going?<P>"the ugly organ" has been kicking my ass as of late, so i am looking forward to this one. kasher definitely rocks.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am going, how do you have the new album already?

majormajor

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
I'll be there as well. First time at the Black Cat, actually. Should be cool!

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I am going, how do you have the new album already?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My girlfriend works at a Tower Records and some random guy that came in to buy tickets ended up giving her a CDR of it. Luckily (for me), she doesn't listen to them, so it came my way. <P>Anyway, it's apparently pretty easy to track this album down right now, which is not good for the band considering how far off the release is. They can still count on me buying a copy, but I am sure that's definitely not true for everyone.<BR>

jadetree

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 07:31:00 pm »
for those going<P>9:00 - Dame Fate<BR>10:00 - Neva Dinova<BR>11:00 - Cursive

markie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 08:02:00 pm »
well I hope you have fun.......<P>But I doubt you will!

jadetree

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 08:19:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>well I hope you have fun.......<P>But I doubt you will!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>oh I am sure I will, nothing like a night of dissonance<P>although Neva Dinova are quite melodic<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 01-13-2003).]

markie

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 08:20:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> oh I am sure I will, nothing like a night of dissonance</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thats Wednesday night isnt it?<P>But it will be tomorrow if I dont go and get an anniversary card right now......

jadetree

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 08:24:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> thats Wednesday night isnt it?<P>But it will be tomorrow if I dont go and get an anniversary card right now......</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would advise you do that

markie

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 08:25:00 pm »
right I am off then.....<P>have fun!

jadetree

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2003, 02:25:00 am »
The show was really good, well Neva Dinova and Cursive anyway, Neva Dinova did a good cover of Sonic Reducer.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2003, 10:55:00 am »
I was disappointed by Neva Dinova. But I really liked Cursive! The addition of the cello to the heavy guitars and wacky beats was a stroke of brilliance. And Tim just belts it out with such intensity.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2003, 01:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>I was disappointed by Neva Dinova. But I really liked Cursive! The addition of the cello to the heavy guitars and wacky beats was a stroke of brilliance. And Tim just belts it out with such intensity.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Indeed. Intensity is a good word to mention when discussing Cursive live. They completely blew me away last night and the new material sounded great! Although I was really hoping they'd play the Pinocchio  inspired "Driftwood", but maybe next time.<P>I didn't care for what I heard from Neva Dinova either, just a bit too bland all in all for me. But I got there when Dame Fate started and pretty much hung out in the Red Room until Cursive took the stage, so I didn't give them a completely fair break. What I did hear was pretty much what I had expected after hearing some of their mp3s.

jadetree

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2003, 10:14:00 am »
Cursive will be back at the Black Cat March 27th

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>Cursive will be back at the Black Cat March 27th</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah! my girlfriend gave me the good news the other day. and with minus the bear no less. i can't wait.