Author Topic: Lips on Kimmel  (Read 1243 times)

vansmack

Lips on Kimmel
« on: April 22, 2004, 02:12:00 am »
I'm not sure if the revolt against ABC lost it's steam after I left DC, but the Flaming Lips will be warming up for Coachella on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Friday April 30th.

For those of you who will be in LA on that Friday night, you'll be able to check it out as KABC-LA (channel 7) carries Kimmel.
27>34

eros

Re: Lips on Kimmel
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 07:48:00 am »
He's actually on here now.  Started a few weeks ago.
ʎɐʍou

Bags

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 04:29:00 pm »
I've watched a bit of the show a few times (now that we finally frickin' get it in DC), and I've laughed my ass off.  As his monologue, he shows inane clips from recent t.v. shows, etc.  Granted, it's late at night and past my bedtime, so I'm often quite punchy, but seems like a fine alternative to Leno or Letterman, especially when he has a good musical guest.

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 08:09:00 pm »
I TiVo the last 15 minutes of Leno, Letterman, Conan, Kilborn and Carson Daly.

But I Tivo the entire hour of Kimmel.

I'm glad you guys have finally gotten him.  It's been a lot of reruns lately, but you'll get the week long guest hosts soon enough.  They're the best shows.

By the way, he has started to archive his musical performances  here.  

Performances from Tesla, Cypress Hill, The Dropkick Murphys (my favorite), Story of the Year performs, Atmosphere, Black Eyed Peas performs, Dizzee Rascal, Eamon, Kenny Chensney, Presidents of the United States of America, The Thrills, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
For those of you that will be arriving on Friday for Coachella:

BE IN THE AUDIENCE FOR THE LIPS ON JIMMY KIMMEL

Want to see The Flaming Lips live at the JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE show on Friday, April 30th? Just visit 1iota.com, log in and follow the registration directions, then click on The Flaming Lips. You will get an email back with a confirmation letter with all the necessary information that you'll need.

NOTE: If you do not receive the confirmation email, you will not be able to get in as security is very tight at the show.
 - You must be at least 18 years old
 - You must be available on Friday, April 30th from 8:00PM - 10:00PM
 - You must have a valid photo ID
 - Please do not wear white, light blue, beige or logos, as they don't come across well on camera
 - Please do not bring large handbags or knapsacks
 - No cameras or recording devices

flaminglips.com
27>34