Author Topic: unfair  (Read 2436 times)

imaginarycolors

unfair
« on: April 22, 2004, 10:05:00 am »
Man I read that tickets for Velvet Revolver went on sale at 10 pm, well i now see its 10 and its already sold out, what a joke

markie

Re: unfair
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 10:12:00 am »
try again another couple of times, sometimes sales are not completed freeing up tickets, dont give up till around 10.30 if you really want them.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
What's unfair about it?  It's a very popular show in a relatively small venue.  How long were you expecting tickets to be available?

[edit]
 I was just able to pull up a ticket at 10:20.  Don't give up yet.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
When do tix ever go on sale at 10:00 at night, unless the show is in Jakarta or something...?

jkeisenh

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 08:53:00 am »
again, a misnamed thread.  I was really hoping for a discussion about something important... like how unfair it is that Diet Cherry Coke is so hard to find these days... or how unfair it is that cups of Boone's aren't sold at the club...

eltee

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 11:14:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  again, a misnamed thread.  I was really hoping for a discussion about something important... like how unfair it is that Diet Cherry Coke is so hard to find these days... or how unfair it is that cups of Boone's aren't sold at the club...
You're my kind of thinker!

Samantha

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
who the hell are Velvet Revolver?

mankie

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
It's a band you'll never hear of again in 14 minutes.

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 01:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

It's a band you'll never hear of again in 14 minutes. [/b]
Like half the indie bands people on this board listen to.

flawd101

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 08:08:00 pm »
i wanted to say its unfair the pepsi machine was off for 2 weeks in my school.  i went crazy without my code red. then when i stopped bringing my 60 cents it was back and i cried like a little emo bitch at a dashboard confessional concert.  but i got one today!!!

Jaguär

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by imaginarycolors:
  Man I read that tickets for Velvet Revolver went on sale at 10 pm, well i now see its 10 and its already sold out, what a joke
Personally, I would prefer that popular shows went on sale at 10:00 PM. Couldn't care less about Velvet Revolver myself but at 10:00 AM I am required to be on my floor and there is no computer that I have access to. In fact, there is no computer anywhere on the entire site that I have access too. For 10:00 AM ticket sales, only those with non-traditional work hours, not working, or those able to access the internet at work or school at that given time are able to actually make a transaction.

paige

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
ok good so i'm no the only one who has no idea who they are.....

Random Citizen

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »
Who would be responsible for determining if a show will be popular enough to sell out? While some are a givenâ??and I don't feel Velvet Revolver was necessarily one of thoseâ??I'm sure a lot of people didn't expect the Darkness show to sell out so soon, but it did.

Buying tickets online isn't the only method, there's always the phone. In fact, it's probably easier to sneak away for 5 minutes and make a call if Internet access isn't readily available. Or if that isn't an option, have a friend order the tickets. Bottom line, if you really want to go to a show, you'll find a way to get tickets.

Oh yeah, for those who wanted to know, Velvet Revolver is basically Guns 'n Roses (Duff, Slash, Matt Sorum) with Scott Weiland singing lead and another guitarist, Dave Kushner, added.

Originally posted by Jaguär:
 For 10:00 AM ticket sales, only those with non-traditional work hours, not working, or those able to access the internet at work or school at that given time are able to actually make a transaction. [/QB]

Jaguär

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2004, 07:24:00 pm »
Random, I see that you haven't worked many different kinds of jobs in the real world. Most jobs that I've had would not enable me to even have access to a phone for such matters. The ones I've had that have allowed me too, there was no way that I could count on a specific time to be available to me. One example is when I was teaching school. No, I couldn't even do that if I used my own cell phone.

If you want to nitpick on the popular thing, you're missing the point. Make it any show. Either you are totally clueless about some shows being in high demand or you are arguing just for the sake of being oppositional, which sounds like the case here.

As far as asking others, sometimes I just don't want to impose. Other people have jobs and responsibilities too that would make such a request an uncomfortable imposition. Also, I don't want to give out my credit card number to anyone and I'm not aking them to use theirs. If you are being fair minded, you should understand that.

Random Citizen

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2004, 07:45:00 pm »
Ah, Jaguär, so nice to see you taking an objective point of view and not resorting to assumptions (eg. my presumed career path) and name-calling ("Either you are totally clueless...")

Initially, I was going to write a post to counter yours, but I think what I wrote earlier sums it up quite nicely: "Bottom line, if you really want to go to a show, you'll find a way to get tickets."

By the way, the title of this thread is "unfair."