Author Topic: Marr and the healers  (Read 25593 times)

markie

Re: Marr and the healers
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B> well, only if i can request electronic songs</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well I have been getting away with it all my life. You on the other hand will probably just be dissappointed.

Jaguär

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B> well, only if i can request electronic songs</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes! One of my all-time favorite songs is Prodigal Son. That song gets me wild.<P>

markie

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2003, 04:00:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B> Yes! One of my all-time favorite songs is Prodigal Son. That song gets me wild.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Jag you never seem to get the message.

Jaguär

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> Jag you never seem to get the message.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I did Markie.....I chose to go in another direction.   <P>Just throw that one on your list of heckles tonight.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Jaguär (edited 01-20-2003).]

markie

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B>  <BR>I did Markie.....I chose to go in another direction.    <P>Just throw that one on your list of heckles tonight.<P><BR>[This message has been edited by Jaguär (edited 01-20-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>so are you going tonight Jag?<P>

Jaguär

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2003, 04:10:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> so are you going tonight Jag?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, I'll be there.  <P>

markie

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B> Yeah, I'll be there.   <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>good. want to come and catsh us at pollys?

Jaguär

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> good. want to come and catsh us at pollys?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I may...but depends on other factors.<BR>You know, the driving and time crap. <P>7ish or so, I know. Maybe I'll see you there. If not, then at the show. <P>

jadetree

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> catsh</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you been drinking?

markie

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B> I may...but depends on other factors.<BR>You know, the driving and time crap. <P>7ish or so, I know. Maybe I'll see you there. If not, then at the show. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I look forward to it!<P>Ad Jadetree, I cant type, what is your excuse?

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2003, 02:49:00 am »
<BR>well, marr turned out to be pretty much what i expected after listening to "boomslang". absolutely nothing special all around. i still have a lot of respect for his capabilities as a musician, but i think he should be doing something a little bit more challenging than the healers material. i got so bored that i actually left before the show had even finished.<P>as for mellowdrone, it turned out even better than i had hoped. that guy is definitely one to watch in the coming months. with a strong ep, an excellent live show and a new album on it's way in only two months, i think he's going to be doing just fine. oh, and opening for a name like johnny marr won't hurt much either i am sure.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2003, 09:14:00 am »
i enjoyed marr greatly,  it was a blast being able to watch him play guitar so close up.   the healers were a talented group of musicians, who i wished would have stretched a couple times.  although the last song before the "encore" was a great t. rex stomper.<P>mellodrome was indeed a nice discovery.  watching him setup his loops was interesting.  he's an artist who can control his technology not the technology controlling him.<P>a big shoutout to my homies in the pit... markie, poorlulu, jauguar, mankie, lily1 and bunnymen.... although i wish markie hadn't been wearing his slippers when he crowd surfed over my head.  talk about stinky!!!!!
T.Rex

Fico

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2003, 11:21:00 am »
I can't believe I missed the show... I bumped into Johnny Marr on sunday at Georgetown and had a brief chat with him... he said DC was a nice city and appeared to be concerned about the venue. Of the 3 members I think only Alonzo (bass player) had done the club circuit (Kula Shaker@930 a few years back)... I told him the Black Cat had remodeled not too long ago and that crowds are usually good... he was a gentleman and as I expected a top geezer overall... my idiot mates decided to extend our ski trip and I got back into the city past 12 yesterday... hope you all enjoyed the show.

thirsty moore

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2003, 11:26:00 am »
Did you tell him the link to your website?

jadetree

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2003, 02:11:00 pm »
so was the Marr show full?