Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 35009 times)

manimtired

Re: Oasis
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
someone call and ask...i need to know if i need to bring a flask.

eros

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  maybe they only do this for "troublesome" shows?  if that's the case there is a chance that oasis would qualify.
I'm guessing it's based on the expected average age of the concertgoer.  Might not be a smart idea to allow people to buy beer and take it on the floor for the Panic at the Disco show.

Oasis probably draws a mostly +21 crowd at this point.  

That being said, some of the most unruly drunk crowds I've ever seen have been at "older" shows.  The crowds are full of soccer moms who don't get out that often and are seeing a band they "loved in college".  They decide they're really going to whoop it up and end up pissing everyone off around them.
ʎɐʍou

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  someone call and ask...i need to know if i need to bring a flask.
you're such an asshole.

manimtired

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »
ok douchebag...why?  are you concerned ill be taking profits from someone?

sonickteam2

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
how about this genius, if you want to know, you call your damn self!!!! dont you have fingers?

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  Greer, I bet Ryan Adams will only play for 30 minutes. I've been two Patriot Center twice and both times the openers played no more than 30 minutes.
When the Raconteurs opened for Dylan there, they got a full hour.  It probably all depends.  Ryan Adams is a pretty high profile opening act, so I bet he gets closer to an hour.

manimtired

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:

how about this genius, if you want to know, you call your damn self!!!! dont you have fingers? [/b]
you get jokes.

eltee

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by jeffml:
  Did ticket prices just go up?  I bought mine Tuesday and the ticket price was around $69.50.  They are now $72.50 on ticketmaster.  That seems strange.
Ticketfricker. I noted that convenience fees went up about 1-2 dollars between 8 am and 11 am but didn't know I was also paying a higher price. So, yes, they went up.

martinrob

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »
I saw the Killers there a many months back and there was several areas selling beer. I am not sure what is up with the seats on the floor (lame), but the last time I went, you could take a beer with you anywhere you'd like.
 Enjoy.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2008, 01:54:13 am »
Did anyone get the T-Shirt/CD bundle from Ticketmaster during the presale?  I did not get any email on  how to redeem them. Please PM me with info if you know...
(_|_)

Mark_Read

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2008, 09:26:25 am »
Did anyone get the T-Shirt/CD bundle from Ticketmaster during the presale?  I did not get any email on  how to redeem them. Please PM me with info if you know...

I received the CD and T-shirt automatically the week the CD was released. I didn't have to do anything else.

manimtired

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 02:01:45 pm »
Oasis song list from The Pearl, Las Vegas, USA

December 6th 2008

Oasis Set List:

Fuckin' In The Bushes
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
The Shock Of The Lightning
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
To Be Where There's Life
Waiting For The Rapture
The Masterplan
Songbird
Slide Away
Morning Glory
Ain't Got Nothin'
The Importance Of Being Idle
I'm Outta Time
Wonderwall
Supersonic
Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

eltee

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I received the CD and T-shirt automatically the week the CD was released. I didn't have to do anything else.
I didn't receive either. In fact, I have no idea what you are referring. But I want to know! I'm suspicious - or envious!

saintangelsin

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2008, 03:24:55 am »
I'm really excited about Oasis. Last week, I bought my tickets finally. I'm taking my dad to see them as an early Christmas gift.

Yeah my 56 year old father loves Oasis. He was the first person to tell me about them as a band and that was when I was 10. (I'm 23 now in case you're wondering) Anyway, I'm totally excited because he knows that we're going but he doesn't know about where we're sitting. I scored section one on the floor in row F. I'm pretty damn happy about that, and no I didn't pay a scalper either. My dad is disabled and has mobility issues, so I made arrangements for "handicap" seats. I told the lady at the Patriot Center that I was willing to pay for the 72 dollar tickets. She was like "Is section one, row f alright with you?" I about died when she told me that she had those tickets. Needless to say, I can't wait to finally see Oasis, but also, I can't wait to see my dad's reaction about how close to the stage we are.

rich_WDC

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:25 am »
Where's "Bag it Up"??   Great new tune!
Oasis song list from The Pearl, Las Vegas, USA

December 6th 2008

Oasis Set List:

Fuckin' In The Bushes
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
The Shock Of The Lightning
Cigarettes & Alcohol