Author Topic: Rams Head Live  (Read 2315 times)

wml7

Rams Head Live
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
I'm heading in for the Tegan and Sarah show.  How is the venue??  Also how about parking??  Is there paid parking near the place.  I haven't been down to that area in awhile so was just wondering.  Or is there free street parking?

Vas Deferens

Re: Rams Head Live
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:59:00 am »
I personally dislike the venue, esp. upstairs. There are garage lots available.
(_|_)

Cali

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »
only went once and it was okay. i remember thinking the bar was a bit close to the stage and didnt like the barrier, other than that no complaints. the sound was fine, but i was right in front of the stage so i cant comment on the sound anywhere else.

wml7

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:37:00 am »
I didn't think the venue was bad at all.  I kind of like it.  However, I don't like the rest room attendant thing, that needs to go.  Show was good too.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:20:00 am »
I like the venue except for the balcony - the sight lines are terrible unless you're along the railing.  But they do have video monitors at the bars, so you can watch the show at the bar.  Seems to defeat the purpose of going to a concert for me.

Parking is a pain - $10 last time I was there last year, takes forever to pay and to get out of the lots, but the lots are convenient.  

I vowed to never go to a show here unless it's a weekend, though.  It just takes too long to get out of there and get back to DC.
PANTS

killsaly

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 11:33:00 am »
I was at Tegan and Sara last night. Good show, not their best set though.  I watched it in front of the bar directly in front of the stage, and had an excellent view.  i tried upstairs and it sucked bad.  And to those who leave that parking lot next door and wait in line for a ticket, you dont need to do that.  the exit takes debit cards when you turn in your parking ticket, no need to wait.

wml7

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Yeah I parked at the harbor garage.  The one next to mcdonalds.  That was 13 bucks and it was pretty fast to get out of.  I didn't know about the 10 dollar garage till after the show.  Dont  know which is better but I guess that one is 3 bucks cheaper.  Also what I'm mad at myself for is I left my camera in my car.  I looked at the website and it said there was a strict no camera policy unless you are with press. Lo and behold I go into the show every body and their mothers had a camera.  Freaking people with professional zoom lens and shit. That pissed me off.  I had a pretty good view I was on the corner behind the soundbooth.  Pics and videos from there would have been pretty good.  Oh well.

manimtired

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
i thought it was like watching a show at an ESPN zone when i saw the hold steady there.

wml7

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »
So was the light show for Tegan and Sara last night the same for all the bands or was that specifically theirs?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
Usually they just have stage lights, any sort of other light show is brought by the band itself.
‼‼?‼‼