Author Topic: VP debate tonight  (Read 44183 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: VP debate tonight
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 08:13:00 am »
There were times when Palin talked like a mom might talk to her children telling them a story, with widening eyes and voice of excitement.  And to her supporters -- adult children -- that was probably the right tone.
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 08:19:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  There were times when Palin talked like a mom might talk to her children telling them a story, with widening eyes and voice of excitement.  And to her supporters -- adult children -- that was probably the right tone.
Agreed. The people who she was directing all that patronizing to probably liked it although it made most people who are grounded in reality sick to their stomachs.
احمد

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
so the wife and i played Palin bingo, cause she doesnt drink on weeknights.  I won on one of the cards, 2 ways. and when i drew a line through them, it was an upside down cross....just saying.

this debate was better than the McCain/Obama one.  I think Biden did great, i think he made better points than Palin and definitely sounded more sure of his answers and his record.  Palin sounded repetitive (and if you can sound repetitive when Biden is in nthe room, thats doing something) and while she didnt screw up, she didnt say much noteworthy.

One last note, is that I dont see how her being a condescending smarmy bitch who makes left handed compliments and winks at the camera all the time will really win her any points in the grand scheme of things.

Biden seems more like your crazy uncle who bought you and your friends beer before you were old enough.

eros

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2008, 08:34:00 am »
I thought Biden was great and (were it not for a few other problems in the past) probably would've made for an excellent President.  The way he answered questions made it obvious that he has a thorough understanding of the issues.   Palin looked like she was just regurgitating facts on a final exam in college.

My only wish is that he could've realized about halfway through that she wasn't going to fall apart up there and really start in on the attacks.  When she talked about the "white flag of surrender" was a perfect opportunity for him.

My biggest "oh snap" moment was when he called out Cheney.
ʎɐʍou

manimtired

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 08:41:00 am »
can someone post the picture of the morbidly obese dude in the "palin is a cunt" tshirt.  it feels appropriate at this time.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2008, 08:50:00 am »
id call it a draw
o/\o

Relaxer

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 08:55:00 am »
The problem is, too many people who watched this thing didn't listen to it. They saw the cute "hockey mom gee wilickers!" VP candidate and decided they liked her because she's cute! she winks! she just wants to git'er done! So much of what she said was utter nonsense, but people will always prefer folksy declarations over hard facts and policies. Which is why Bush got elected and then re-elected.

I still think Obama will win but it drives me batty to think that people will think she's got substance simply - and only - because she can shamelessly talk with confidence but without any connection to truth or reality. One minute she'd talk about getting government off our backs, and then immediately talk about how we need government intervention to stop those greedy wall street villains. I mean, it's staggering that people would see her as a credible national leader, but they do because she's pretty and she speaks with a twinkle in her eye. That's it.
oword

shemptiness

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 08:57:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  can someone post the picture of the morbidly obese dude in the "palin is a cunt" tshirt.  it feels appropriate at this time.
He doesn't look morbidly obese.

shemptiness

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/adg/836109998.html

No anal?  That's barely worth it    :(  
"Drill, Baby, Drill"

manimtired

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 09:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Shemp:

He doesn't look morbidly obese. [/b]
not the philly hardcore dude/hipster...the fat black dude. lol.

manimtired

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 09:04:00 am »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  The problem is, too many people who watched this thing didn't listen to it. They saw the cute "hockey mom gee wilickers!" VP candidate and decided they liked her because she's cute! she winks! she just wants to git'er done! So much of what she said was utter nonsense, but people will always prefer folksy declarations over hard facts and policies. Which is why Bush got elected and then re-elected.

I still think Obama will win but it drives me batty to think that people will think she's got substance simply - and only - because she can shamelessly talk with confidence but without any connection to truth or reality. One minute she'd talk about getting government off our backs, and then immediately talk about how we need government intervention to stop those greedy wall street villains. I mean, it's staggering that people would see her as a credible national leader, but they do because she's pretty and she speaks with a twinkle in her eye. That's it.
hope/change/yes we can

sonickteam2

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 09:04:00 am »
i cant believe she name dropped Joe Liebermann.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2008, 09:12:00 am »

hope/change/yes we can [/b]
maverick/energy
o/\o

manimtired

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2008, 09:14:00 am »
hes not a maverick anymore...he IS george w. bush. that maverick stuff is so 2006.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:00 am »
try 2000
o/\o