Author Topic: WOLFMOTHER WEDNESDAY  (Read 7489 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: WOLFMOTHER WEDNESDAY
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:00 am »
Wasn't TheDirector and sweetcell yacking on about some sort of preshow gathering where we can all sniff each others bottoms before the show?
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:52:00 am »
ok who wants a post-show orgy at nkotb's house?    :D
(_|_)

xcanuck

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
Wow...sounds like the preshow get together is something you can really get your canines into.

I saw Wolfmother at the V-Fest in Toronto and while their music is okay, the live show is not to be missed. We'll be there!

TheDirector217

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  Wasn't TheDirector and sweetcell yacking on about some sort of preshow gathering where we can all sniff each others bottoms before the show?
I don't know 'bout that one, champ.  Your girl ain't really into that kinky shit.     :D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »
i might have dropped a suggestion at one point, along the lines "next meetup = wolfmother?".   but i'm pretty busy tonight - after work i have a poker/work social thing i need to drop in on out in suburbia, then go home and finish packing, then get to the club at a decent time.  i might stick my head in DC9 on my way to the 930, but i doubt that i'll be making it there in time to hang out properly - which should encourage others to actually do so  :)
<sig>

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
Just look for the large organ?

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by kosmo:
 [qb]   I shouldn't be hard to find. LOL . . .

[/b]

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »
Well, I'm only gonna get there a bit before doors open because I'm going with a short friend and dealing with 2 previous Wolfmother shows I know that if a short person is stuck in the middle of a crowd they could seriously suffocate.

Undoubtebly I'll have pics and vids of the show tonight, enjoy the show and have a safe and well-protected Wolfmother Wednesday!
‼‼?‼‼

TheDirector217

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Just look for the large organ?

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

I shouldn't be hard to find. LOL . . .

[/b]
Yeah. No doubt.  The large, ahem, organ.    :D  

;)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 01:36:00 am »
fun show.  andrew has a beard.  chris somehow spun his keyboard 360 in the middle of a riff.  the pit was full of sweaty smelly fratboys, had to bail on that (slammin' like it was punk).  the band sounded great, main set was 1:20, encore was another 15-20 (although definitely not as strong as the main set).  good strong performance, but i came expecting as much as i wasn't blown away, just suitably impressed.  completely missed the openers, so i can't say anything about die!die!die.

i'd write more, but i've got to catch a few zzz's before getting on a plane in a few hours.  talk to y'all next week.
<sig>

georgewendt

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 09:06:00 am »
That show was pretty frickin awesome.  Its the first show where I actually thought that I might need to get some ear plugs.  This morning, my ears are still ringing.  
 I was glad to see some actual movement from the crowd last night.  How can it be that there are so many people just standing still and expressionless at these show?  Why did they even come?  Its like a giant game of Make-Me-Laugh.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 09:20:00 am »
Maybe to hear the music and watch the show? Duh.

Originally posted by georgewendt:
  .  How can it be that there are so many people just standing still and expressionless at these show?  Why did they even come?  Its like a giant game of Make-Me-Laugh.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 11:23:00 am »
I was one of the people standing and enjoying the show.  Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.  I was however, moving my head and may have even been tapping my feet so maybe I wasn't as offensive as others just standing and watching the show.

By the way it was a good show and it was my first smokeless show at 9:30 which made it even more enjoyable for me.

edbert

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
Its the first show where I actually thought that I might need to get some ear plugs.  This morning, my ears are still ringing.
You can always grab a napkin from the bar, rip a couple stips off, and roll them into earplugs

obildy

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
I agree on needing ear plugs, it was the loudest I've heard the club.  All in all great show.  I saw them last year at Vfest, and I think the band is much more suited for a venue like the 9:30 club.  I really liked the new song they played- I'll give you anything (don't know the title.)  Any one have or see a set list posted?

Relaxer

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
I thought it was good, not great. The band sounded right on, but they seemed a little tired. I was down on the floor and the vibe I got was that people were ready to explode but that the band never got much momentum going. There were some good corkers in there, but often they'd slow a song down and the energy would lag. I'm glad I went, but my buddy and I were remarking afterward that this was not a show where we were appreciating the value of the whole thing.

I thought Die!x3 pretty much blew
oword