Author Topic: So I saw Leonard Cohen  (Read 33610 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: So I saw Leonard Cohen
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »
Isn't his voice pretty much fucked?

thirsty moore

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »
His voice sounded fine when I saw him.

Samantha

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Good Lord, that is a dream celebration.  Please God let him tour!  I only started listening since last Fall, and there were about 3 months I listened to literally nothing else...I must see him before one of us dies.

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  For someone not well versed in Leonard Cohen, where would be a good place to start?
New Skin for the Old Ceremony should be anyone's first stop, I think.  And then maybe a greatest hits, I don't have any of those.  The first 3 albums (the Songs...) were my first loves and still favourites, though.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »
Ironically, when I was 17 or so my mom gave me a Leonard Cohen cassette, because she is totally into him.   And I never listened to it, solely because it was from my mom.  How dumb and stubborn I was (and perhaps still am!).
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Ironically, when I was 17 or so my mom gave me a Leonard Cohen cassette, because she is totally into him.   And I never listened to it, solely because it was from my mom.  How dumb and stubborn I was (and perhaps still am!).
POTW
T.Rex

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »
You guys do realize that if Obama is elected, old Leonard will be cooked, right?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  You guys do realize that if Obama is elected, old Leonard will be cooked, right?
huh?  i certainly didn't realize this.  what's the issue here?  is it because cohen is canadian, or of jewish descent?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:53 am »
hoping to hear "Democracy" tonight ;)

US tour dates will be released tonight after midnight....
(_|_)

bellenseb

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 11:37:18 am »

Do they go on sale then, or are they just announced?

If there's a DC show, my bet is Patriot Center (10,000) or perhaps 2 nights at DAR (3,000)? Is there any other area venue in that range? How big is Merriweather?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:45:31 am »
they will just be announced...it's a theater tour...so probably not Merriweather? I'd be surprised...

Do they go on sale then, or are they just announced?

If there's a DC show, my bet is Patriot Center (10,000) or perhaps 2 nights at DAR (3,000)? Is there any other area venue in that range? How big is Merriweather?
(_|_)

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »
I would put good money on the venue being DAR. No way is Leonard Cohen enough of a concert draw to headline Merriweather or Patriot Center.

bellenseb

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »
I would put good money on the venue being DAR. No way is Leonard Cohen enough of a concert draw to headline Merriweather or Patriot Center.

Are you kidding? He sold out the 2,800 seat Beacon instantly and tickets are reselling for thousands of dollars. The guy hasn't toured forever and this may be his last one.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39:17 pm »
Unless the Beacon is in DC, we're talking apples and oranges.

Are you kidding? He sold out the 2,800 seat Beacon instantly and tickets are reselling for thousands of dollars. The guy hasn't toured forever and this may be his last one.

eltee

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »
Sorry, if this info has been determined and posted - but is IMP managing / booking the show?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 04:07:39 pm »
Warner Theater would be a good venue for this show.  My $$ would be that or DAR.  Hopefully Warner...it's a fantastic place to see a show.