Author Topic: So I saw Leonard Cohen  (Read 34366 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: So I saw Leonard Cohen
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 05:53:47 pm »
got one tix center section v almost on the aisle

117 total was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I figured it was Leonard Cohen, so what the hell, ya know

Your seat must be almost next to mine.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:28:27 pm by runwhiteyrun06 »

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 05:29:52 pm »
So the concert is only one week away.  ;D

I just looked to see if tickets were still available at the $99 level. I just pulled up a better seat than what I got in the presale; I guess that's what I get for actually getting my ticket promptly.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2009, 11:27:41 am »
still some great tickets available on TM at several price levels.
<sig>

saintangelsin

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2009, 01:44:52 pm »
I'm buying my seats at the last minute because I wasn't sure about the weather. I'm still feeling unsure honestly. I know it would be worth it to get the 99 dollar tickets, but the lawn does sound pleasant (especially since I have a group of friends who are going to be out there). As for going to the show, it's just my mom and me, so I'm buying two tickets.

I guess what I'm asking is should I get good pavilion seats or should I be cost effective and get lawn? (Then again even if it doesn't rain, the law section is going to be muddy I suppose)

saintangelsin

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2009, 02:45:09 pm »
Never mind. I was bad and spent the money on main pavilion seats. I figure why not since I doubt I'm going to see Mr. Cohen once.

killsaly

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2009, 11:41:02 pm »
Great show! Minus the rain and chill.  but the sets were good and it was enough Cohen to last me a while. 

saintangelsin

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2009, 01:16:45 am »
I really enjoyed and loved the concert. I had my mom with me and she loved it as well.

Does anyone have the setlist? I'm still trying to remember all of the incredible songs I've heard tonight. Plus, unfortunately, I missed the first 5 songs of the first set, because of traffic. I'd like to know what I missed.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 02:02:30 am »
i think rain and the cold was the perfect atmosphere for that show.  it was one of the best i've seen.

saintangelsin

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2009, 10:13:56 am »
i think rain and the cold was the perfect atmosphere for that show.  it was one of the best i've seen.

Last night I was thinking the same thing. I just find it so ironic how 2 days before the concert, the forecast for that evening was sunny and mild. Then on Sunday, it quickly changed. Figures as much, sunny doesn't seem to suit Mr. Cohen all that well (just kidding).

Anyhow, even though I was a little cold last night, (I'm so thankful that I didn't get lawn seats by the way) the weather did provide a fantastic atmosphere.

I'll go ahead and say this...out of all of the bands I've seen live and all of the concerts, I think Leonard takes the cake. His live performance was astounding and was a serious treat for anyone who just loves music.

I have to admit though, it just makes me sad that he probably won't be back again. But if he ever is, he should do a concert with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. I would pay a lot to see that happen.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2009, 10:19:17 am »
Read the very first post on this thread. The first five songs are the ones you missed.

Does anyone have the setlist? I'm still trying to remember all of the incredible songs I've heard tonight. Plus, unfortunately, I missed the first 5 songs of the first set, because of traffic. I'd like to know what I missed.
(_|_)

saintangelsin

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:52 am »
Read the very first post on this thread. The first five songs are the ones you missed.

Thanks! I just found the set list on the LC Message board as well, and to my relief, I really only missed 4 songs. I came into the venue just as he was performing "Everybody Knows."

Mobius

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2009, 10:41:05 am »
Pretty much perfect.  Pure grace, elegance and class.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2009, 11:24:57 am »
The concert including the 30 minute set break was around 3 hours and 10 minutes long. Here's the setlist.

1.Dance me to the End of Love
2.The Future
3.Ain't no Cure For Love (the only "bad" song of the night IMO.)
4.Bird on the Wire
5.Everybody Knows
6.In my Secret Life
7.Who by Fire-Featured some great solos by Javier Mas
8.Chelsea Hotel #2
9.Waiting for the Miracle-Ended with the first of many Long standing ovations
10.Anthem

Second Set

11. Tower of Song-LC with only Sharon Robinson, the Webb sisters, and the Keyboardists
12.Suzanne
13. The Gypsy's Wife
14. The Partisan (one of the highlights for me)
15. Boogie Street (Robinson did lead vocals with no Cohen, great performance)
16.Hallelujah
17. I'm your Man
18. A Thousand Kisses Deep (Done as Poem, not the song version)
19. Tale This Waltz

First Encore
20. So Long, Marianne
21. First we Take Manhattan (Best song of the night)

Second Encore
22.Famous Blue Raincoat (Also Amazing)
23. If it Be Your Will (Song by the Webb sister w/o the band. One was on acoustic guitar and one played the Harp)
24.Democracy

Final Encore

25. I tried to Leave you (featured final solos by every band member and singer)
26.Whither Thou Goest (brief a cappella performance by the whole band)

The concert was easily one of the best I've ever been to. The band was fantastic and really added to the experience. I find it somewhat ironic that this was the longest concert I've ever been to and yet, the singer is 74. Cohen literally ran and skipped off stage, was down on one knee numerous times, and danced at points. He is a true showman.

I was honestly surprised at how packed it was. The pavilion was at least 95-98% full and the lawn looked like it was pretty packed. If any one you were out on the lawn, I feel so bad for you; It was raining a good part of the show.

My one gripe that isn't really a gripe...I'm only 20 and the average age of the audience had to have at least been somewhere around 45. I was surrounded by people 3 times my age so I didn't really have anyone to talk to the whole time.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:17 am »
You gotta be kidding!  The *only* bad song of the night was Boogie Street and it wasn't sung by Cohen!

(_|_)

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2009, 11:34:22 am »
You gotta be kidding!  The *only* bad song of the night was Boogie Street and it wasn't sung by Cohen!

I really enjoyed Boogie Street. I've always disliked Ain't no Cure for Love, it's one of Cohen's few stinkers.