Author Topic: Starbucks v. Dunkin' Donuts  (Read 3351 times)

Starbucks v. Dunkin' Donuts
« on: April 27, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
What is your personal stand between the two?  (Rhett, you needn't reply)

Myself, I dig Dunkin'.  The staff is usually Asian and they give a damn, because family is on the line.  Their iced coffee is "to die for/like buttah"(Choose only one).  I get mine with cream, one Equal + coconut flavor.  Did you know that they grill their sandwiches instead of microwaving, as of today.  And they now serve grilled hash browns, also as of today.  I shouldn't eat hash browns...but I couldn't resist.  Especially when that cute, Indian broad kept axing me to try them.  Yum phreaking yum!

ratioci nation

Re: Starbucks v. Dunkin' Donuts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
i prefer dunkin donuts coffee, but there arent 3 per block, unless you are in boston

i dont drink much coffee anymore though

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »
Living in Boston for a few years makes me an easy worshipper of double-D.  

Although, i will say that Starbucks may have more consistency...as i've been to a couple Dunkin's that are complete shit. and starbucks usually are all the same.

but Dunkin's coffee is superior and their breakfast options totally kill Starbucks...but i'm a fatty mcfatster who likes greasy food and jelly filled donuts..so what do i know!

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
My dad is in a nursing home and I can get him his one vice coffee from Dunkin' Donuts and he loves it.  Starbucks tastes "burned" and "bad" to him.  I gave up coffee a few years back, but was always a High's man myself as they did fresh ground there.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
Neither...but when desperate, I'll choose Dunkin' Donuts swill over the sludge at Starbucks.

ggw

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
Why don't you open a Tim Hortons franchise in Charm City?

Originally posted by le sonick:

Although, i will say that Starbucks may have more consistency...as i've been to a couple Dunkin's that are complete shit. and starbucks usually are all the same.

but Dunkin's coffee is superior and their breakfast options totally kill Starbucks...but i'm a fatty mcfatster who likes greasy food and jelly filled donuts..so what do i know!

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

[/b]
you need a couple hundred thousand dollars to get one of those puppies.

and i was going to get a franchise...food wouldnt be my first option....working with food..not my idea of fun!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  i prefer dunkin donuts coffee, but there arent 3 per block, unless you are in boston

i dont drink much coffee anymore though
Do you have Winchell's in pdx?

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »

A very eriudite comment.  Keep it up.  DD are like 7-11.  You have to find the good ones.  I avoid certain 7-11s & DD.  It's usually because they aren't Indian-run.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

[/b]
Amen.  And a Boston Pizza too, as everyone knows Boston is known for pizza.  Better'n NY and Chi-town, of course.

ratioci nation

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:
  Do you have Winchell's in pdx?
apparently there are 2, but i have never been

after discovering a 24hour starbucks a couple of days ago, i now have 4 within a few blocks of me, overkill

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
I miss Winchell's   :(

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
  I miss Winchell's     :(  
Their crullers are better than Dunkin's, as I remember. I haven't been since '83.  

www.winchells.com

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
  I miss Winchell's    :)
HeyLa

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

I miss Winchell's     :)  
What's worse is that my hometown's (Fremont) location is gone.