Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2098616 times)

Starsky

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #10635 on: September 16, 2022, 07:50:22 am »
I was surprised to find an original Nara Leao bossa album from 1965 at the record store yesterday and for a reasonable price. $27.

Starsky

« Reply #10636 on: September 16, 2022, 02:31:11 pm »
Listening to the steely Dan boot from London 74 again cranked to 11

Damn it’s so good!!! I thought they couldn’t replicate their recorded albums but they could…and the comments are delicious

Just gold

Starsky

« Reply #10637 on: September 17, 2022, 05:29:02 pm »

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10638 on: September 17, 2022, 06:38:51 pm »
Animals, by Floyd.  For the first time.

Wait. I seem to remember that I heard some version of Les Claypool do the album.

Yada

« Reply #10639 on: September 18, 2022, 07:34:50 am »

Wait. I seem to remember that I heard some version of Les Claypool do the album.

Wut

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10640 on: September 18, 2022, 12:19:00 pm »
I can explain, but I am busy today. I'll get, to it.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10641 on: September 19, 2022, 09:50:10 am »

Wut

Translation.  I listened to Pink Floyd's Animals for the first time.  It sucked, by the way.  But, I realized that I have heard this album before, a long time ago, when Les Claypool and the Frog Brigade did a live cover of it.

Yada

« Reply #10642 on: September 19, 2022, 10:16:15 am »

Wut

Translation.  I listened to Pink Floyd's Animals for the first time.  It sucked, by the way.  But, I realized that I have heard this album before, a long time ago, when Les Claypool and the Frog Brigade did a live cover of it.

The "wut" was in relation to how have you only listened to Animals for the first time in the past week, not the terrible version that Les claypoole butchered.   

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10643 on: September 19, 2022, 10:31:42 am »
Ahh. The confusion from context, strikes again. Yes, it is true. I hero worshipped The Wall, Dark Side, WYWH for so long . . . I never wanted to check out earlier stuff.  I, can see why.

I actually remember not being bothered by the Claypool version, but I am biased. I went through a phase, where he could do no wrong.

Yada

« Reply #10644 on: September 19, 2022, 10:52:23 am »
Ahh. The confusion from context, strikes again. Yes, it is true. I hero worshipped The Wall, Dark Side, WYWH for so long . . . I never wanted to check out earlier stuff.  I, can see why.

I actually remember not being bothered by the Claypool version, but I am biased. I went through a phase, where he could do no wrong.

Strange... If you've never heard, "Meddle", you're doing yourself a disservice. Probably the only PF album I can even listen to at this point.

Starsky

« Reply #10645 on: September 19, 2022, 10:57:29 am »
+1 on meddle

« Reply #10646 on: September 19, 2022, 11:55:49 am »

Strange... If you've never heard, "Meddle", you're doing yourself a disservice. Probably the only PF album I can even listen to at this point.
100%
Fearless may possibly be my favorite PF song

I like pipper at the gates, but I get why it's not appealing to the  70s Floyd fans
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:11:35 pm by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10647 on: September 19, 2022, 11:56:38 am »
I will get back to you, on that. Listening today.

« Reply #10648 on: September 19, 2022, 12:06:22 pm »
I will get back to you, on that. Listening today.
I'm going to add this too my homework too
Just not a good week to drop acid for me, but I highly recommend it ;)

This looks well produced and Looking forward to watching this:
Meddle: The "Lost" Album That Defined The Pink Floyd Sound | Classic Album Under Review

Wedged between the Syd Barrett years and post-Dark Side Of The Moon megastardom, Meddle is often considered the ‘lost’ Pink Floyd album, ignored and underrated. As is reiterated throughout, this hour-long feature takes it upon itself to set the record straight.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:17:12 pm by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10649 on: September 19, 2022, 12:10:17 pm »
Just not a good week to drop acid for me,
I feel you. I picked a hell of a time to stop sniffing glue.
LVMH