Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2139557 times)

More_Coffee

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #11775 on: January 05, 2024, 02:54:22 pm »
Gallagher/Squire....

It's ok, I guess... But it's nowhere near what Squire last left us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcWGI89AwSY

« Reply #11776 on: January 05, 2024, 03:11:57 pm »
still bitter they only did one US show in 2016

didn't know this existed

https://youtu.be/jLuPb3CEa58?si=6aAh0yvUyYaIKAxM
This is a fan-made edit using footage from You Tube and donated by concertgoers. Made for the love of the band and free for the fans during covid lockdown as a project that helped keep me sane. I discovered through many hours of editing and different shots and angles just how together they were as a band on that night. The shared looks, the way they supported each other and adjusted if anything went wrong. I felt privileged to have seen that close-up and tried to highlight as many of those looks and moments in the edit. This truly was one of their best performances not only at the reunion. The footage and music are solely owned by the band. I want to thank them for allowing this to stay up for all the fans.  One Love.

slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #11777 on: January 05, 2024, 03:26:37 pm »
still bitter they only did one US show in 2016

didn't know this existed

https://youtu.be/jLuPb3CEa58?si=6aAh0yvUyYaIKAxM
This is a fan-made edit using footage from You Tube and donated by concertgoers. Made for the love of the band and free for the fans during covid lockdown as a project that helped keep me sane. I discovered through many hours of editing and different shots and angles just how together they were as a band on that night. The shared looks, the way they supported each other and adjusted if anything went wrong. I felt privileged to have seen that close-up and tried to highlight as many of those looks and moments in the edit. This truly was one of their best performances not only at the reunion. The footage and music are solely owned by the band. I want to thank them for allowing this to stay up for all the fans.  One Love.

After all that w/o identifying the act, this should definitely go to NGGYU.
😐 🎶

« Reply #11778 on: January 05, 2024, 03:29:06 pm »
fair, but the One Love sig should have helped
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #11779 on: January 05, 2024, 03:33:13 pm »
But Bob Marley's been dead more than 40 years.
😐 🎶

« Reply #11780 on: January 05, 2024, 03:33:59 pm »
just click the link man!
slack

« Reply #11781 on: January 05, 2024, 03:55:47 pm »
does anyone have an opinion on this?

slack

Frosty Finger

« Reply #11782 on: January 05, 2024, 04:18:50 pm »
I bought it in the 90s and listened to it once…not sure I got all the way through…it’s pretty dire…

There just isn’t anything out there as good as the self titled album, their b-sides and those two singles before their break.

More_Coffee

« Reply #11783 on: January 05, 2024, 05:10:30 pm »
Turns Into Stone, a fairly comprehensive collection of their non-album singles/b-sides, is one hell of an "album" every bit as compelling as their eponymous debut, and the Sally Cinnamon EP is essential as well. Beautiful Thing is awesome.

Second Coming and All for One are a step below all these, though still pretty good (for another band).

notme

« Reply #11784 on: January 05, 2024, 11:30:32 pm »
kmpx airchecks from 1967

Frosty Finger

« Reply #11785 on: January 06, 2024, 02:55:33 pm »

These tone poet blue notes are gorgeous. Look at the reflection of the label on the shiny cover!

This session from the end of 1963 I had not heard before cause it was a session that remained unreleased until 1999 on a limited cd run. Anyways what’s the big deal about this one? Well it was recorded about a month after the legendary Idle Moments album by the same musicians in the same studio with the same engineer!  The difference is Hutcherson was the @leader on this as opposed to Green….it’s always been my contention that Hutcherson sounds like the leader on Idle Moments. Anyways, Green isn’t on two of the five tracks on this….and doesn’t solo as much on the ones he is on….. Another consideration  is a standard performed at the session and on the cd is not included on the LP probably cause they didn’t want to cram 53 minutes on one LP.

Verdict? Well worth getting before it’s out of print again. It has the same melancholic nocturnal vibe as Idle Moments. Hutcherson and Cal Tjader are the only two vibes players I dig and I dig them a lot. Is this as great as Idle Moments? Doubtful but it’s not superfluous either… just depends how you like your jazz
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 02:57:13 pm by Hutch »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11786 on: January 11, 2024, 08:38:52 am »
Johnny Watson • Larry Williams - Two For The Price Of One

Can you dig it
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop