Author Topic: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog  (Read 209212 times)

Starsky

Re: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2022, 02:17:06 pm »
Missed a golden chance to get my copy of Electric signed.

« Reply #616 on: October 21, 2022, 09:32:08 am »
Andy Dick is currently in Santa Barbara County Jail, as he is unable to pay the $50,000 bond.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #617 on: October 21, 2022, 11:45:39 am »
Andy Dick is currently in Santa Barbara County Jail, as he is unable to pay the $50,000 bond.

arrested for burglary: got caught with a neighbor's power tools.  sad...
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #618 on: October 21, 2022, 11:48:34 am »

If you're doing labor that requires power tools, is your every day life any better than prison? How sad.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #619 on: October 21, 2022, 12:09:07 pm »

If you're doing labor that requires power tools, is your every day life any better than prison? How sad.

which is sadder would be a worthy debate.  what isn't debatable is the sadness of andy dick's career/life... dude went from having his own show on MTV to being busted for stealing a drill.
<sig>

« Reply #620 on: October 21, 2022, 08:53:07 pm »

which is sadder would be a worthy debate.  what isn't debatable is the sadness of andy dick's career/life... dude went from having his own show on MTV to being busted for stealing a drill.
The entire point of this post
slack

« Reply #621 on: December 06, 2022, 03:46:50 pm »
I feel like I remember Space liking this guy

Avenatti has been sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for defrauding his clients and for obstructing IRS efforts to collect payroll taxes from his coffee business.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #622 on: December 06, 2022, 03:48:23 pm »
I feel like I remember Space liking this guy

Avenatti has been sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for defrauding his clients and for obstructing IRS efforts to collect payroll taxes from his coffee business.

Never liked that greasy slimeball. Though more accurate to say I don't give a shit. Though it is ironic that not a single MAGA politician or personallity beyond the eyepatch douche has received a jail sentence for anything.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #623 on: December 06, 2022, 05:20:01 pm »
I watched a documentary on Netflix about Pepsi and the giveaway of a Harrier Jet, called Pepsi Where's My Jet.  Was surprised, a young Avenetti was involved in that whole debacle.  There are present day interviews with him about the event, and has footage of a younger, still douchey, version of the guy.  Interesting documentary.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #624 on: December 06, 2022, 06:49:03 pm »
Trump Org found guilty on all 17 charges.

and the expected punishment?  a tad over $1 million in fines, AKA a little more than a rounding error (which, per this trial, they really ought to be more careful about making so often...)
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #625 on: December 08, 2022, 12:15:05 pm »
Brittney Griner gets released in prisoner swap and you best believe every news/talk show booker is currently working feverously at the moment, especially The Daily Show ones
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #626 on: December 08, 2022, 12:48:44 pm »
Brittney Griner gets released in prisoner swap and you best believe every news/talk show booker is currently working feverously at the moment, especially The Daily Show ones

Do you think they will ask her how could she do something as stupid as possessing drugs in RUSSIA or beating up her girlfriend?

Glad a fellow American is coming home, but hope she doesn't get a hero's welcome.

Starsky

« Reply #627 on: December 08, 2022, 12:56:59 pm »
Very happy about her release

She was clearly a political pawn and did nothing wrong.

Some of the right wing criticism of her release has a whiff of racism

Space Freely

« Reply #628 on: December 08, 2022, 01:04:03 pm »
Very happy about her release

Some of the right wing criticism of her release has a whiff of racism

And homophobia, and whatevever the fear of women who aren't traditionally feminine is.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #629 on: December 08, 2022, 01:55:19 pm »

i too am happy that she's coming home, but: let's not gaslight what happened.  if you are busted by US Customs with a cannabis vape cartridge, even if it's almost empty, you = prison.  what do people think should have happened to her?  russia has low tolerance and high penalties for drugs.  based on what i've read, she encountered the same fate that 99% of folks busted for possession at an airport in russia: you end up behind bars.  russia's court system isn't fair, the conviction rate is indeed something like 99%, but i can't see how you can argue with the course of events.

her trial and subsequent diplomacy was a circus, but let's not pretend that she didn't do anything to land in jailed.

(reminder: my record shows that i loathe, loathe, LOATHE the russians, so i'm certainly not making apologies or excuses for them)
<sig>