Author Topic: Demolish Nissan Pavilion...the Coldplay thread.  (Read 31646 times)

Arthwys

Re: Demolish Nissan Pavilion...the Coldplay thread.
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2009, 01:59:07 pm »
I clicked on this thinking it was a new thread (I'm not a Coldplay fan and so for all I knew they may have just played Nissan).  First thing I thought was....Oh, so now Colplay is even imitating Radiohead down to playing Nissan is awful weather/traffic. 
Emrys

sonickteam2

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2009, 02:16:50 pm »
speaking on entertaining in this thread:

wow.  i have never been to the Nissan Pavilion and I have never heard anything good about it.

I would go if Radiohead was playing. thats probably it though.

great prediction, sonick!  3 years before it actually happened...

I am a man of my word. and i will go to  Nissan every year if Radiohead were to keep playing.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »
ditto.  and i'd follow the same strategy as i did last time: consider it a half-day affair, leave downtown before 3:00, and have lots of food & drinks in the cooler to help pass the time.  but other than RH, daft punk, prince, and the like... fuhgetabodit.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »
ditto.  and i'd follow the same strategy as i did last time: consider it a half-day affair, leave downtown before 3:00, and have lots of food & drinks in the cooler to help pass the time.  but other than RH, daft punk, prince, and the like... fuhgetabodit.

also, make sure you carpool.  i cannot stress enough the differences of parking lot experiences between us, who parked in the "carpool lot" and those who didnt.  we got out 2 hours earlier, easily.

everyone has 3 friends, right?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2009, 03:38:24 pm »
true dat - there were 5 of us in the car, and we were given a spot about 150 feet away from the entrance.  we left half-way through the last song and were were on 66 in 5 minutes flat.

mind you, RH is good about rewarding car-poolers and other do-gooders.  i haven't heard of any other bands/tour doing this, therefore not sure if NIN/JA will be giving out primo parking to the enviros.
<sig>

distance

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2009, 03:48:43 pm »
speaking on entertaining in this thread:

wow.  i have never been to the Nissan Pavilion and I have never heard anything good about it.

I would go if Radiohead was playing. thats probably it though.

great prediction, sonick!  3 years before it actually happened...

I am a man of my word. and i will go to  Nissan every year if Radiohead were to keep playing.

not even radiohead would get me back to nissan.  didn't bother going in 08... even though i've only been able to see radiohead once within 200 miles of my house.  i'd rather take my money elsewhere.  i've been to as many radiohead shows in canada as i have in this country.  i'm certainly not one of those people who will say they won't go and then do so.   nothing would get me back to dar either.

not even aphex twin.

sonickteam2

« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:49 pm »
true dat - there were 5 of us in the car, and we were given a spot about 150 feet away from the entrance.  we left half-way through the last song and were were on 66 in 5 minutes flat.

mind you, RH is good about rewarding car-poolers and other do-gooders.  i haven't heard of any other bands/tour doing this, therefore not sure if NIN/JA will be giving out primo parking to the enviros.

thats not a full time thing at Nissan?   

Vas Deferens

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2009, 12:59:15 pm »
So here we go again...Coldplay playing on a weekday at Nissan.

If someone wants to go to this show and not miss even a single song, what time SHOULD he/she leave DC?! (this is not for me) ??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:01:02 pm by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:01 pm »

If someone wants to go to this show and not miss even a single song, what time SHOULD he/she leave DC?! (this is not for me) ??

from dc . . . if you haven't left by 2-3, or know the ways to totally bypass 66 . . . you're already late.  traffic around the exits for nissan off 66 when that country music channel had a festival there was in-fing-sane.  coldplay should be ten times worse.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:39 pm »

the leave-by-3 rule doesn't apply because this show isn't sold out - at least a third of the lawn hasn't been sold, and there are plenty of pavilion seats left too (in fact, you can select GA pits and a pair of front row center reserved on LN.com!  their "seat chooser" app is way cool).  so you have a choice: leave at 4:00'ish and get there with an hour or two to kill in the parking lot.  leave during rush hour (5:00) and probably get there in time for the second opener.  leave at 6:00 and there is a chance that you'll miss some of coldplay - there will be a line to get from 66 to nissan by then.

enjoy your coldplay show, joe - hope you don't miss a single song :D
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2009, 03:05:47 pm »

Birds go flying at the speed of sound to show you how it all began. Birds plan to leave the office at around 3:00 or so; if you could see it then you'd understand.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2009, 10:39:13 am »
not sure yet if going to this show, but if we go, we are leaving DC between 5:30-5:45 pm!

will let you know if we miss anything :)

Birds go flying at the speed of sound to show you how it all began. Birds plan to leave the office at around 3:00 or so; if you could see it then you'd understand.

(_|_)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:19 am »
I have to say, we left DC close to 6, and the worst of the traffic was in DC.  We made it there in just over an hour, barely saw any traffic, got parking right near the entrance, and had amazing seats.  Even leaving wasn't a problem.  I think we waited in the parking lot for about 20 minutes before even starting the car, and it was a breeze getting out.  It was surprisingly amazing.

could it be?  the renaissance of Nissan Pavilion?
PANTS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:18 am »
t'was because the show wasn't sold out.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2009, 10:42:23 am »
yay! let's not demolish the Nissan pavillion, let's enjoy its rebirth! :P

ok i'm exaggerating, but taking route 66 to route 29 was the best "mistake" ever.

but sweetcell is right (partly), it wasn't sold out, so that explains why it was easy to get in and out of that parking lot.

however, the couple next to us left DC at 6 pm and got there around 8:30...! (they took route 66 all the way)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:43:54 am by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)