Author Topic: Anyone been???  (Read 9409 times)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Anyone been???
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 02:36:00 pm »
Even the artist formally known as or is it back to Prince now has after parties at the HoS.  :)  There was a monthly Friday party that was going on there not too long ago called XOXO which was pretty wild...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

redsock

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
  I hate hill people.
You hate them because they are bothered by sketchy seeming situations, or because they talk about things they shouldn't? I hate Hill people too, but thats cause their often full of themselves.

saco

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 03:41:00 pm »
Well part of it is for ironic effect, since I work on the hill.  But that was my point exactly, they are too full of themselves.

jadetree

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »
  I hate hill people.
Stay away from West Virginia.

*ducks as Sparks gets ready to throw something*

SPARX

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2003, 06:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:

I hate hill people.
Stay away from West Virginia.

*ducks as Sparks gets ready to throw something* [/b]
Hey now,don't get me started : )

Ikarus

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2003, 07:38:00 pm »
  I hate hill people.
yeah, driving around in their fancy jeeps.  they think they're such hot shots...

Medic

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2003, 03:30:00 am »
i'm actually due to go there Saturday, much to my surprise-  coincidentally, i received a phone invite as i started reading this thread.  depending on my condition i'll try to post a full review upon my return saturday night.

thirsty moore

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2003, 09:10:00 am »
So is it invite only?

redsock

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2003, 09:40:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  So is it invite only?
I don't believe it is. It seems like they do something every saturday night. But depending on the band playing or the the theme, you can get some pretty different populations.

paige

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2003, 01:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Medic:
  i'm actually due to go there Saturday, much to my surprise-  coincidentally, i received a phone invite as i started reading this thread.  depending on my condition i'll try to post a full review upon my return saturday night.
if you dont, we may have to kill you  :D

saco

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2003, 01:19:00 pm »
Medic do you want me to give you a ride in my fancy jeep? We can pick up Wendy too.

redsock

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2003, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:

Originally posted by Medic:
if you dont, we may have to kill you   :D  [/b]
since I started the thread, and went on Saturday, I guess I should at least tell you that the place itself, is quite sketchy. And the neighborhood not so good. Some guys I know got bothered by whom they described as some "crack-heads" at 4 in the morning. But the people there on saturday were pretty young, and were there for the band...so I'm not sure what you could expect from a different crowd. $25 is steep (f-ing band forgot to put me on the list) but if you are planning on drinking, its certainly an experience. I'd go back if I had a reason too.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
$25 can buy me a case of Sierra...a good 6 months supply of beer...

Bags

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
I think I'm a little too out of that crowd by now.  Though I go to lots of shows, my mid-thirties colors show when it comes to hipster after-hours places like this.  Would never have known about if not for the board.  And certainly if I don't know, none of my friends would as I'm the organizer/information meister.

Am I missing anything else really cool in DC?

jadetree

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2003, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
  I think I'm a little too out of that crowd by now.  Though I go to lots of shows, my mid-thirties colors show when it comes to hipster after-hours places like this.  Would never have known about if not for the board.  And certainly if I don't know, none of my friends would as I'm the organizer/information meister.

Am I missing anything else really cool in DC?
I was unaware until Markie and Lulu informed me, but apparently Georgetown is really cool.