Author Topic: signs that you attend too many concerts  (Read 5490 times)

lily1

signs that you attend too many concerts
« on: October 04, 2005, 12:00:00 am »
1. your home decorating consists of at least one wall of posters from all the concerts you've attended at the 930, black cat, and iota

2. when you're at other events, namely the symphony/opera/theatre, you scream WOO WOO rather than BRAVO! (this happened to me at the opera on sunday when i went to see placido domingo at the kennedy center. embarassing i tell you!)

3. your photo album is more of a scrap album with all the ticket stubs and set lists you've collected.

4. when doing your monthly budget on microsoft money, you have a category for "concerts", followed by "taxis home from late night concerts".

5. when first entering a venue, you scope out not only the best spot to stand to see the show, but strategically place yourself by the part of the stage where obtaining a set list/pick/drum stick will be most feasible.

6. you have your "concert shoes" and "concert purses". ie those shoes that are acceptable for shows where there is seating, shoes that are acceptable for standing shows, and steel toe docs for the general admission shows that have a lot of the drunks and a generally rowdy crowd. and your purses that can easily be clipped onto to a belt loop for maximum dancing movement, purses that can be easily cleaned at the shows were spilled beer and mixed drinks are heavily prevalent, and purses that hold the cd's you want signed after the show.

Jaguär

Re: signs that you attend too many concerts
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:57:00 am »
Oh, yeah. And you do your peeing just as you get there so you have one less reason to have to leave your chosen position during the show.

Also, if you must leave any CDs in your car; ideally hidden, that is; you think ahead and bring along only a couple burned ones so that if your car is broken into, you still have the MP3s and/or original CDs safely stashed at home.

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 02:11:00 am »
At 33, its becoming increasing embarrassing to have a concert fund.
 I have my work's schedule and Pollstar bookmarked next to each other on my screen so I can flash back and forth when I see something I like.  I have to explain to my wife that this is "very, very important."
 I used to bring an extra shirt in the car so when some punk kid (like myself, I guess) spilled beer all over me while flying through the crowd, I'd have a backup to wear at some after-show location, so I wouldnt smell like piss.  Nowadays I just bitch and moan at the whippersnappers.
 I don't have a "concert purse".

Random Citizen

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 02:13:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  1. your home decorating consists of at least one wall of posters from all the concerts you've attended at the 930, black cat, and iota

That list is great because it's true! My living room is decorated with four framed concert posters, a framed LP, autographed stuff and a couple of photos of me with artists I've met.

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 02:29:00 am »
I'll add on to the list:

You have numbers for cab companies in different cities programmed in your cell phone's address book.  

You start seeing the same people for certain artists/bands and you do the "nod" of acknowledgement.

People at work don't ask you about your family life first. Nope, you're the "concert girl/guy" and they seem to live vicariously through you. They always ask, "So, what concerts have you seen lately?"

definitivedoodle

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:02:00 am »
haha glad to see im not the only one...

definitivedoodle

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 07:03:00 am »
also

when you check the 9:30 boards every day to see whats going on with the club you give the most money.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 07:26:00 am »
When you hit your 40's....your hearing is shot! (trust me on this one)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 08:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  When you hit your 40's....your hearing is shot! (trust me on this one)
Then it's a good thing you come on here so you can see people's reviews of shows that you couldn't really hear  ;)  

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 10:45:00 am »
Typical conversation:

Co-worker: "What are you doing this weekend?"

Me: "Going to Philly."

Co-worker: "Who's playing?"*

(* - The standard response used to be "To see The Dead?", but that's changed for obvious reasons.)

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
You forgot about having stamps on the stamps on the stamps on your hand.

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
You call people by silly names like Kosmo, thatguy, venerable, smackie, pollard, markie, mankie, lulu, jag, rhett, thirsty, or lily despite knowing their real names.
27>34

Random Citizen

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  You forgot about having stamps on the stamps on the stamps on your hand.
Nope, because the concert-going pro knows which cleansers work to remove such markings.  ;)

jude376

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
But having the stamps on your hand the next day is kinda a badge of coolness - especially if it's a weekday.  :cool:

Sir HC

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by jude376:
  But having the stamps on your hand the next day is kinda a badge of coolness - especially if it's a weekday.   :cool:  
Right, it explains without words why you are half-shaved and look a mess at work.