Author Topic: What's on your DVR?  (Read 7085 times)

HoyaSaxa03

What's on your DVR?
« on: February 09, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
SPORTS:  pardon the interruption, sportscenter, college gamenight (and -day), inside the big east, baseball tonight

NEWS:  newshour with jim lehrer, bbc world news, the daily show, the colbert report, nbc news with brian williams, meet the press, 60 minutes, the mclaughlin report, frontline, nightline, wall street journal report

COMEDY:  adult swim, best week ever, the office, reno 911, south park, family guy, the simpsons, seinfeld, saturday night live

MUSIC:  subterranean, austin city limits

MISC:  flip this (not "that") house, house hunters, antiques roadshow, american experience, law & order, ebert & roper
(o|o)

Re: What's on your DVR?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 02:55:00 pm »
What's a DVR?

lbcardoni

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Lost
 The Apprentice
 Big Love
 The Sopranos
 Extras
 Thirsty Traveler
 Prison Break
 Heroes
 The Office

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
holy shit, hoya, you have a LOT of stuff on your DVR!!!!

mine look like this:

for me:  later..with jools holland, nothing but trailers, beautiful noise, twilight zone, hockey night in Canada and some live performances from Glastonbury 2005.

for the lady:  law and order, basically. with some Lost, Studio 60 and Meerkat Manor.

and since our new crappy DVR from Dish Network only holds 50 hours of HD programming (or 200 SD), thats about all we have.

though i did use to tape Subterranean as well, i just never reprogrammed it into my new DVR

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
pretty much all of BBCAmerica's prime time lineup sans home improvement shows..

daily show, best week ever, 24, lost, earl, the office, who i meet your mother, gilmore girls, house, kosmette's shows  :)

is it just me or has the Colbert Report really lost it... the interviews have become a joke, the tek jansen(?) adventures are lame, they've run several bits into the ground especially the coverage of that   third rate hockey team with the mascot named after the show...
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
oh that's just the shows i watch, hoya-ette has tons of other crap on there (mostly HGTV shows)
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
SPORTS:  The 2:00 am PT Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight, NFL Countdown, Anaheim Angels Baseball, Notre Dame Football, Cal State Fullerton Baseball, Premiereship Soccer, International Soccer, Pittsburgh Steelers Football, NASCAR, the 4 golf majors, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Servite High School Sports, Mater Dei High School Sports, Anaheim Ducks Hockey

NEWS: BBC World News, 60 Minutes, Meet the Press

Faux News: The Daily Show, The Colbert Report

TV Sit-Coms: How I met Your Mother, The Class, Scrubs, The War at Home, My Name is Earl

TV Hour Long Primetime: The OC, Friday Night Lights, Gray's Anatomy, Dirt, Nip/Tuck, (the wife still watches ER and Lost)

Music: Austin City Limits, MTV $2 Bill, Subteranean, the last 15 minutes of Kimmel, Letterman, Leno, Ferguson, Daly, and O'Brien, (the wife watches American Idol)    

I'm sure there's more, but I don't have the DVRs in front of me.
27>34

TimCooke

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
TV Shows:

Heroes
 CSI
 Dirt
 Dexter (When it comes back on)
 Amazing Race
 Rescue Me

Movies (that are also on my Netflix List)

Brokeback Mtn
 Everything is Illuminated
 Schultze Gets the Blues
 Desperado/El Mariachi

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »
you're way off on the colbert report, kosmo ... i don't have enough time to watch both every day, so i go through periods where i watch TDS or CR for a week and then switch over ... but i LOVE tek jansen, the latest one was pretty funny (i'm here from the future...) and the show as a whole is still pretty sharp

smackie -- do you really just get your TV news from "bbc world news"?  i find the program to be a necessary supplement to my daily news intake, but if that was all i watched i'd probably be on the front lines of some oxfam or greenpeace protest ... have you given lehrer's program a shot?
(o|o)

Venerable Bede

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
let's see-

Prison Break
 Daily Show
 Colbert Report
 No Reservations
 NCIS
 House
 Scrubs (Comedy Central feed)
 Ace of Cakes
 Iron Chef America
 Take Home Chef
 My Name is Earl
 The Office
 Grey's Anatomy
 ER
 The Alternative (the sunday midnight showing)
OU812

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »
i'm well behind on my colbert reports at the moment and maybe the Shtick is wearing thin from watching to many in a row. it's partly because some of his interviewees of late have been lame i.e. the lady who wrote the book on plastic surgery was a very tedious interview.
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
 The Office
 No Reservations
 30 Rock
 Battlestar Galactica
 Doctor Who
 Gordon Ramsays F Word
 Studio 60
 Ramsay's Kitchen Adventures
 Heroes
 House
 Entourage
 Rome
 The Shield
 Simpsons
 Top Chef
 Baseball Tonight
 Freak Show
 Scrubs

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
it is in the other room...but off the top of my head...

Scrubs
 The OC (last five or six)
 The Sarah Silverman Program
 Entourage (Season 3 I have been saving since the summer to burn to dvd but i got toooo lazy  :)  )
 Curb Your Enthusiasm
 Project Runway
 The Hills
 Seinfeld

a Washington Social Club MHz thing
 a Barry Goldwater special
 all four episodes of The Drug Years
 some Conans

...and Mean Girls, Rushmore, Annie Hall, Beetlejuice, and Everything is Illuminated are on there...
 and my dad's soaps...

etc etc

don't you guys love How I Met Your Mother, too?  it's cute.

ratioci nation

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »
don't you guys love How I Met Your Mother, too? it's cute.
it actually baffles me that this is popular, but I am sure people wonder why I watch a lot of what I watch as well

lbcardoni

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »
The Sarah Silverman Program
How is this show?  She was on Stern the other day and they played the clip about her sleeping with God and it sounded pretty funnu, but I haven't gotten around to watching it.