Author Topic: VIP for Cheap Trick @ Camden Yards  (Read 2600 times)

Bags

VIP for Cheap Trick @ Camden Yards
« on: July 15, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
What a deal!  According to the Cheap Trick  website, Camden Yards is offering VIP tickets to the August 7th game after which the Trick is performing on Eutaw Street:

"For $20, fans can purchase an Eutaw Street Reserved ticket for the game and an access pass to the VIP area at the front of the stage for the concert. Call 888-848-BIRD for information and ticket purchase."

Yes, the concert's free, but for an extra $5, you get VIP access.  This deal is not listed anywhere on the Orioles website, only on the Trick fansite.

But, here's the kicker.  They're out of the Eutaw Street seats, so they'll sell you something 'comparable,' which for me were WAY better.  I got Left Field lower box, which are $20 seats.    Check it out.  So VIP ends up free!

Just a hint if anyone here is going or thinking about it.  I bought 24 seats.  DAMN!

Re: VIP for Cheap Trick @ Camden Yards
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:33:00 am »
24 seats for one person?

Bags

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:00 pm »
Remember, I have friends, Rhett.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 12:14:00 pm »
Good luck at convincing 23 of them to drive to a baseball game in Baltimore.

Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:
  Remember, I have friends, Rhett.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 12:15:00 pm »
I say Rhett changes his name to Mr. Pissy Pants.  :)

ggw

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 12:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  I say Rhett changes his name to Mr. Pissy Pants.
Why?  Is "Asshole" already taken?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
Pile on!

Bags

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 12:24:00 pm »
Not a problem.  All 24 are committed, and we're taking a mini-buss back 'n forth.  Apparently it's all decked out like a lounge!    ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
  Not a problem.  All 24 are committed, and we're taking a mini-buss back 'n forth.  Apparently it's all decked out like a lounge!     ;)  
cant they all fit in your Esaclade?

Barcelona

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 05:59:00 pm »
A baseball game and Cheap Trick together? I´ll take back my comment on gun control and request for their absolute legalization so that I can commit suicide during the game/show.

Bags

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 06:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  cant they all fit in your Esaclade?
Good question...we could get close, but DUDE, I wanna drink!    :D

Bags

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 06:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  A baseball game and Cheap Trick together? I´ll take back my comment on gun control and request for their absolute legalization so that I can commit suicide during the game/show.
You just don't know that fun that can be had....but, probably best that you don't buy a ticket.  Good thing that the MD state requirement that everyone attend the Orioles/Cheap Trick event was dropped...now just folks who'd enjoy it should be there.

Barcelona

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 06:46:00 pm »
I saw Cheap Trick with Cake at the 9:30, didn't like them. As for a baseball game, way too slow for me, nothing happens there, except if you love statistics and want to compare stuff. Personal view, same thing happens with soccer but the other way around.

Bags

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 07:19:00 pm »
Barc, did you like Cake at that show?  I went for Cheap Trick and hated Cake.  This is what makes the world go
 'round.

Barcelona

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 08:06:00 pm »
  Barc, did you like Cake at that show?  I went for Cheap Trick and hated Cake.  This is what makes the world go
 'round.
I think I have all of Cake's albums. I think all their albums are pretty good, nice melodies, funny lyrics. However, I tend to be disappointed at their shows. I think Cake has some excellent songs and some pretty mediocre songs; however, usually they tend to play those songs that I consider not great. Whether I would see them again? If they played at the 9:30 a full 1.5 hour set, probably, but if they are to play 45 minutes or 1 hour in a festival or are oppening for someone else, I would definetely skip it.