Author Topic: Jack White is a tough guy  (Read 16671 times)

ggw

Jack White is a tough guy
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:55:00 pm »
JACK WHITE & JASON VON BONDIE BRAWL AT MAGIC STICK

While Brendan Benson was opening a record release show for Blanche, a brawl broke out between Jack White and Jason Von Bondie.  

Jason, along with bandmates Marcie Bolen and Carrie Smith, was watching the show in the front row. Jack was also at the front of the stage, near the Von Bondies clan and Saturday Looks Good To Me singer, Fred Thomas. Jack left after a few songs, then came storming back to the front of the stage - back to Jason Von Bondie. Those standing close enough could feel Jack's spit - aimed at Jason - hit their faces. Jack then proceeded to yell something, very loudly, into Jason's ear. Seconds later, Jack landed a solid punch on Jason - most likely breaking his nose. Blood splattered over the floor and covered the back of Carrie Smith's shirt. The fight carried on for a few minutes - Jack pinning Jason to the floor in front of the speakers. It took several men to pull them apart, and Jason, who was having difficultly getting up, was helped backstage by Marcie and Carrie. Brendan Benson left the stage after only four songs, and the show reached a halt. Meanwhile Meg White sat on a speaker sipping a cocktail throughout the incident, and its aftermath.

http://www.motorcityrocks.com/dish.htm

Bags

Re: Jack White is a tough guy
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 Jason, along with bandmates Marcie Bolen and Carrie Smith, was watching the show in the front row.
Wow, that Marcie's name is so close to Marc Bolan.  How cool.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »
Poor Brendan... What the hell is going on between those two? They've been brawling for a while now...

Jack is quite good in Cold Mountain, by the way. I saw a special screening of the movie last week. He appears in 4-5 scenes and has actual lines.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
No such ting as bad publicity when your 15 minutes are coming to a close.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 02:30:00 pm »
Jason was a nice guy when I got to talk to him at the 9:30 a while back.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 02:36:00 pm »
god...remember when the white stripes just wanted to be big enough to quit their day jobs? good times.

seriously, i still like their music , but even i am getting sick of them. although i didn't dig elephant as much as the mainstream media
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
   Meanwhile Meg White sat on a speaker sipping a cocktail throughout the incident, and its aftermath.

this part make me grin...

guess jack's star is not buring so bright in motown these days and why whirlwind heat is the only band that appears to be associated with his record label.
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 03:24:00 pm »
Assault charges are likely to be filed says the Smoking Gun.

Does this mean Jack has "street cred" now?

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 03:38:00 pm »
I wonder if this White fella is the same creep who broke a bottle over my forehead and fled at the 9:30 Club?

Bags

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
Has that happened to you several times?
 And were you extolling the virtues of Wilco contemporaneously to the attack?

[kidding -- that's the spirit it's meant in!]

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I wonder if this White fella is the same creep who broke a bottle over my forehead and fled at the 9:30 Club?

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
Just once. One unprovoked attack at the 9:30 Club, one mugging, and one car break in. Was never a crime victim until I moved to DC, and that includes three years in Baltimore.

Originally posted by Bagster:
  Has that happened to you several times?

[kidding -- that's the spirit it's meant in!]

[/b]

slappy

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 03:59:00 pm »
Creep? Thom Yorke tagged you with a bottle?

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 04:03:00 pm »
No this guy was balder than Yorke.

Originally posted by slappy:

Creep? Thom Yorke tagged you with a bottle? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2003, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Bagster:

haha fuckin ha

ggw

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
The Von Bondies' Statement About Detroit Incident

While attending a show at the Magic Stick nightclub in Detroit with his wife and the two female band members of his band, the Von Bondies, on Saturday, December 13, 2003 singer-songwriter Jason Stollsteimer was violently attacked by Jack White of the White Stripes, without warning or provocation.

White approached Stollsteimer during the concert, physically forcing him against the speakers and began shouting. Stollsteimer attempted to turn his head and face White, but refused to engage in conversation. Visibly angered by Stollsteimer's unwillingness to argue or fight, White spat into Stollsteimer's face and punched him in the head and face repeatedly.

White then forced Stollsteimer to the ground and continued his attack until White was restrained by several crowd members. Stollsteimer was rushed by ambulance to Detroit Receiving Emergency Center for treatment, Stollsteimer has been released and is recovering from the attack at home. No further details are available at this time.
You can listen to some of the new Von Bondies album on their website.