Author Topic: Camper Van Beethoven  (Read 14010 times)

markie

Re: Camper Van Beethoven
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2003, 02:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Cashel:<BR><B><BR>Since scant means "a small amount," I agree with you.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>scant    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sknt)<BR>adj. scant·er, scant·est <P>1.   Barely sufficient: paid scant attention to the lecture. <BR>2.   Falling short of a specific measure: a scant cup of sugar. <BR>3.   Inadequately supplied; short: We were scant of breath after the lengthy climb. <P>tr.v. scant·ed, scant·ing, scants <P>1.   To give an inadequate portion or allowance to: had to scant the older children in order to nourish the newborn. <BR>2.   To limit, as in amount or share; stint: Our leisure time is scanted by this demanding job. <BR>3.   To deal with or treat inadequately or neglectfully; slight

Tom Cashel

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2003, 02:19:00 pm »
<BR>Bravo!  You can cut and paste.<P>But "scant disregard" is a double negative, thereby indicating a "inadequately supplied lack of regard" for modern day music.<P>Instead of saying "not a lot of disregard," you could just say, "a moderate regard."<P>Which is what modern day music deserves.

markie

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
OOO I did it again<P>dis·re·gard    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (dsr-gärd)<BR>tr.v. dis·re·gard·ed, dis·re·gard·ing, dis·re·gards <P>1.   To pay no attention or heed to; ignore.<BR>2.   To treat without proper respect or attentiveness.<P>n. <P>Lack of thoughtful attention or due regard.<P><BR>so someone who goes to CamperVB has a barely sufficient lack of respect for modern day music.<P><B>I guess I should have said, scant regard for modern day music combined with a predeliction for being a pedant.</B><P>thanks though.

Tom Cashel

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
<BR>How about fuck you?  Izzat pedantic enough for you, dickbreath?  

Tom Cashel

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
<BR>Quoting the dictionary and he calls <I>me</I> a pedant.  That's pretty funny.<P>Anyway, Camper will rock.  Hooray!

markie

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2003, 04:36:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Cashel:<BR><B><BR>How about fuck you?  Izzat pedantic enough for you, dickbreath?   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh no not name calling on the board. How uncouth.

markie

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Cashel:<BR><B><BR>i am a pedant.   <P>Camper-I would rather suck cock</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well you did correct me. That makes you the pedant. I hope you enjoy Camp-er

slappy

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2003, 05:02:00 pm »
i only come here to get info on bands. why don't some of the lame regulars just leave it alone if they don't like a band? <BR>i don't give a shit if you don't like a certain band. the smarmy remarks just make you look like an idiot with no life.<P>i'll enjoy camper van. <P>you have fun cut and pasting the dictionary at a bay city rollers forum.

markie

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slappy:<BR><B><P>i'll enjoy camper van because of my limp wrist<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »
I am a regular who is going to the Camper Van Beethoven show.<P>If there wasnt anybody posting the way that makes you upset there would not be very much traffic on the board and you would not find very much info about the bands you like.

markie

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I am a regular fool who is going to the Camper Van Beethoven show.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey Jadetree I emailed you! Are you ignoring me?

jadetree

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2003, 06:00:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> Hey Jadetree I emailed you! Are you ignoring me?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i dont think my email is working right now, all kinds of problems on the internet today due to a sql worm, I sent you an email with a different address to use<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 01-25-2003).]

markie

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2003, 06:11:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>due to a small worm.....<BR>]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Alright, I emailed your other address.

jadetree

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2003, 02:09:00 am »
Wow, disappointment, CVB did nothing for me tonight, left in the middle of the second set, they did not give me any sense that they wanted to be playing their music, all my favorites sounded half hearted.

markie

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
might of known you would have ended up feeling depressed. You always just bring everyone down all the time dont you Neil?<P>