Author Topic: Wilco Pre-Sale  (Read 2711 times)

malfunktion

Wilco Pre-Sale
« on: May 04, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
I realize there's tons of messages about this issue but I just wondered if I could get some clarification.  

Is the wilco pre-sale over or are more tickets available tomorrow (May 5)?  

What is the best way to go about purchasing tickets?  Tickets.com?

igor

Re: Wilco Pre-Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
from wilcoworld.net: Tickets for the 9:30 go on sale May 6 via tickets.com  4 ticket limit.

that's the public sale, so no password necessary.

presales are sold out

mugsydog

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 12:43:00 pm »
So far I've struck out at wilcoworld and at 930 presale, I think unless you can take an entire day off from work, you can't get tix, it's a huge pain, there must be a better way...

malfunktion

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
So does anyone know the time the tickets will go on sale on May 6?  Do the tickets go on sale at midnight?

Will there be a link to buy the tickets from this site or do you need to go directly to tickets.com.

Anyone got the inside answers.

Peace

Bags

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by mugsydog:
  So far I've struck out at wilcoworld and at 930 presale, I think unless you can take an entire day off from work, you can't get tix, it's a huge pain, there must be a better way...
(1) If the show sells out in 10 minutes, how would that require a full day off of work?

(2) If it is going to sell out that fast, aren't you way better off doing it online?

(3) What better way -- every popular concert will have some crunch, "on sale" time when everyone's scrambling for tickets.  Has been that way for years and years and years.  But now we can stay home and try our luck online.

igor

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 03:52:00 pm »
from tickets.com:

This event is currently not available for sale through the web. It is scheduled to go onsale at: 05/06/04 10:00AM EDT.Reason Code( 3 ).

shan102683

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
This may have already been answered in a previous thread, but how much are tickets being sold for?

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 03:58:00 pm »
Check with me in a few weeks when my extra tickets will be listed on craigslist.

Originally posted by shan102683:
  This may have already been answered in a previous thread, but how much are tickets being sold for?

eltee

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 04:27:00 pm »
To quote sonick from a thread long ago, "this thread is making my head bleed."

This is really sad...you guys helping should get a percentage from tickets.com.

freddyadu

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 10:07:00 am »
yes, i know everyone's sick of talking about sucky wilco.

but, i think the show is sold out. i bought mine at 10 am, but seven minutes later i couldn't get another one.

what was the line like at the club's box office?

jakez468

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 10:12:00 am »
well that sucked!

MET

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 10:13:00 am »
Yeah, it seemed to sell out pretty fast (got mine at 10am, too).  

Unfortunately, I bet half the volume is from people buying tickets with the purpose of reselling them on eBay/craigslist for a profit.

taylorjohnmark

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 10:13:00 am »
No guys, they still have them, keep hitting reset on the Web site. I JUST got mine. CLICK CLICK!

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
yup, it's sold out. Officially. Took about 4 minutes. Amazing. The only way to do it is on-line, with a fast computer connection, with several links to tickets.com up at the same time, constantly refreshing as soon as 10am arrives. Then once it comes up, order your tix. Harsh, and with about $15 of extra charges, but that's the only way you're gonna get in.  See you there !

frostytheswami

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by chancegardener:
  yup, it's sold out. Officially. Took about 4 minutes. Amazing. The only way to do it is on-line, with a fast computer connection, with several links to tickets.com up at the same time, constantly refreshing as soon as 10am arrives. Then once it comes up, order your tix. Harsh, and with about $15 of extra charges, but that's the only way you're gonna get in.  See you there !
So true. A big 'Thank You!' to my employer for having a ripping fast Internet connection.

It also helps to have a Tickets.com account -- all the information is preloaded which makes it a lot faster.