Author Topic: Ikara Colt  (Read 2780 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Ikara Colt
« on: January 29, 2003, 11:21:00 pm »
Opening for Sahara Hot Nights at the Black Cat March 2nd.

wingelbert humptyback

Re: Ikara Colt
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 12:19:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>Opening for Sahara Hot Nights at the Black Cat March 2nd. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>holy shit. this is easily the best news i've gotten in a long while!

megs

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 07:32:00 am »
the good news just keeps on coming!! march is going to be fantastic!! i've wanted to see ikara colt for ages, but never ever thought i'd get to see them here!!!!!!

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
Yes, this is totally unexpected! It adds to that busy, busy week for me. But I certainly won't miss it!

Dandy01

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
allmusic.com lists one of their influences as Missy Elliott.. wha?

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2003, 09:41:00 pm »
I'm just curious to see them in action after reading the following reviews:<P>"Most bands faced with the prospect of playing on a bill this loud would have escaped out the back door by now, surrendering themselves to a comfortable life in accounts management. Luckily, Ikara Colt know that when you're wedged between the doped Stooge-rock of The Beatings and the feedback-vomit of 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster, the only true way out is to SCREAM. <P>They still look incredible, like a hybrid of all the kids who got kicked out of their favourite bands for having an unhealthy obsession with electro-convulsive therapy: just check out bassist John Ball, who grimaces and spasms like this is his last gig before he gets sectioned. <P>The real thrill, however, is that Ikara Colt have made their throbbing electro-thrash rant even more intense. This is Sonic Youth detuning Mark E Smith's nasal hair - Claire Ingram rips noises from her guitar that defy Health and Safety. She's plugged directly into Paul Resound's adrenal gland, making him jolt and scream his way around the chaos of 'Rudd' and 'Sink Venice', songs so inherently perfect it makes you question the sanity of ever learning more than three chords. <P>Pretty soon, our government's going to be faced with finding work for an entire generation of sweaty-haired drop-outs with a CV boasting little more than A,D,G and a kick-ass pair of Converse. But here's one band that will not be joining them down the job centre. Because Ikara Colt have their hands on the throat of the future. And they're throttling it." <P>-and-<P>"Ikara Colt cram three decades' worth of garage mayhem into one hyperactive, irresistible whole. Just look at them. Singer Paul is part ranting sidewalk preacher, part smooth barroom conman. Guitarist Claire summons a squall of delirious feedback as only a fuzzbox-stomping fox can. The other two play like Lower East Side college kids on a mission to search and destroy. The band ricochet with energy and high octane confidence, even ending with Paul ranting over a burst of fuzzed-up electroclash noise. Ikara Colt have come for your adrenalin gland. Time to hand it over."

mjnova

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 01:13:00 pm »
I found their cd (and the Datsuns amonst other things) at our radio station yesterday and I look forward to hearing it.  Both are sitting on my desk right now glaring up at me.