Author Topic: Future of Internet Radio Royalties  (Read 1474 times)

Future of Internet Radio Royalties
« on: May 04, 2007, 08:15:00 am »
Closing Pandoraâ??s Box: The End of Internet Radio?

Internet Radio has become a powerful resource for people looking for greater musical diversity when they tune in. Now that diversity is threatened by a draconian rate increase for every copyrighted tune that these stations play....

Re: Future of Internet Radio Royalties
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Poast something of musical relevance, but gets no reply.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
Maybe because someone (Bags, maybe?) posted something similiar several weeks ago.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
i think i posted something to this effect about a month ago - cue the "ancient" GIF - but it is cool that you're posting something music-related.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
there have been developments since the Library of Congress copywrite board ruling, namely that there is a bi-partisian bill, Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060), that would seek to over turn that decision.  people are encouraged to write their congressmen on the issue.

also Feinstein is again seeking to get passed the PERFORM bill that would require Satellite, Internet Radio provides to apply DRM to their broadcasts to prevent piracy. Wonder if HD radio is included under that...

bottom line is record companies wont be happy until they can sell DRM enabled CDs and players and close the analog loophole... because of course illegal downloading and internet radio is solely to  blame for their declining sales.
T.Rex

amnesiac

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  people are encouraged to write their congressmen on the issue.

Form letter you can use to send to your representative  here.