Author Topic: Predictions for 2006  (Read 2801 times)

ChampionshipVinyl

Re: Predictions for 2006
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 10:19:00 pm »

Mobius

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 09:38:00 am »
The Strokes album won't be as good as it could have been.  They should have hooked up with Alan Moulder and/or John Leckie.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 09:49:00 am »
We will all still hate Rhett and BadSushi.

My fantasy hockey team, RHETT'S BITCH WIFE, wins the forum shootout in a close race over HoyaParanoia. The Sonickbruins falter down the stretch and finish a distant third.

You Be Betty posts about losing her virginity on this messageboard, which then sets off a 150 post thread in the first day. Right as the chaos is dying down, her mother registers for the messageboard, reads the thread, and chaos continues. At least 3 of us mock her taste in music. To prevent this sort of uphevel in the future, new boardies are required to answer the question, "Who was Spiro Agnew?" when registering.

Barcelona

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, Red Wing AFICIONADO:
  We will all still hate Rhett and BadSushi.

My fantasy hockey team, RHETT'S BITCH WIFE, wins the forum shootout in a close race over HoyaParanoia. The Sonickbruins falter down the stretch and finish a distant third.

You Be Betty posts about losing her virginity on this messageboard, which then sets off a 150 post thread in the first day. Right as the chaos is dying down, her mother registers for the messageboard, reads the thread, and chaos continues. At least 3 of us mock her taste in music. To prevent this sort of uphevel in the future, new boardies are required to answer the question, "Who was Spiro Agnew?" when registering.
I find your posts much less interesting than Rhett's.
 Is the 9:30 board that important to you?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Is the 9:30 board that important to you?
Not at all, we just didn't have anyone do predictions for what would happen on the board yet, really.

ratioci nation

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, Red Wing AFICIONADO:
  "Who was Spiro Agnew?" when registering.
he was the drummer in Men at Work right?

edbert

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 10:51:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  16) Jellyfish reform
Any basis for this?  Latest Jellyfish-clone find:  Sparkwood

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
Originally posted by edbert:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  16) Jellyfish reform
Any basis for this?  Latest Jellyfish-clone find:  Sparkwood [/b]
no... just me wanting to join a fan club... of course if Manning's new album ever gets properly released maybe a meeting of the minds will take place and they'll go out a promote it. yeah right...
T.Rex

Arlette

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 08:17:00 pm »
The words "interwebs" and "internets" will become even more ubiquitous, being overly used by 'Net addicts who are trying, but failing, to be ironic.  

Bono *will* actually save the world and all the naysayers will have to eat a huge mea culpa sandwich.

Rhett and Celeste will have their first child and all of a sudden Rhett will become the nicest guy on the 9:30 forum.  He'll say, "I never knew what love really was until I held my child for the first time", not realizing that every new parent has uttered those words.

I will finally learn the difference between Mankie and Markie.  Maybe.

Seth will reduce drink prices.  The next day we'll see a report in the Post saying D.C.'s top music promoter was in a minor car accident, resulting in a weird type of amnesia, making him think it was 1998.

The Killers' Brandon Flowers will dis Neil Young, saying "Why does he get so much cred?  He doesn't sell nearly as many albums as we do."  Subsequently, the Killers publicist will resign, with the statement, "Maybe we took it too far."  

There will be a post on the 9:30 forum that amounts to "YOUR FAVORITE BAND SUCKS!"

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
How'd we do?
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »
i'm a bit embarrased about #4 but spot on about #8... i think #5 has come true since we haven't heard a peep from them.

#17 will probably now happen during the third album...

and can i change #3 and #13 to this year?

and still no word on #20 grrrrr  and a boy can dream about #16
T.Rex

alex

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
Well, I was right about my third point...none of the Rolling Stones died.