Author Topic: Predictions for 2006  (Read 2802 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Predictions for 2006
« on: December 21, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
This is how I occupy my time while crawling to work on the Beltway, that and listening to the fab Gavin Elder CD.

1) 2753 Screaming Guy bands signup on Myspace.
 2) Pogues fans continue to find reasons to complain about the 9:30 club
 3) The Shins play two nights at the 9:30 club, the keyboard player will get dissed.
 4) The Raconteurs CD and tour will be tops in 2006.
 5) Artic Monkeys and Go Team! land in the US to a collective whatever.
 6) Kelly Clarkson goes country.
 7)INXS and Duran Duran release an albums of covers.
 8) CYHSY breakup and thousands of their CD continue to collect dust in 2007.
 9) De Novo Dahl, The High Strung and The High Dials will play red hot shows in DC with 35 to 40 people in attendance at each.
 10) Drive-By Truckers play four hour shows, offer couches for a premium price.
 11) Indie bands try harder to sound like every Indie band that??s preceded them.
 12) Next 9:30 Broken Social Scene show will be an instant sellout at $35 per ticket. Complaints will be aired about people talking at the show.  After that they??ll be at Stratmore with tickets costing $65.  By 2008 the real fans will back and tickets will be $15.
 13) Second Arcade Fire CD will not be as good as the first.  Tickets for the Spring tour will be $25 and $40 for the Fall tour.  People will complain not enough were dancing at the shows.  They??ll be on some expensive summer package tour.
 14) Clutch and The Slickee Boys will rattle the rafters in post Holiday shows.
 15) Ted Leo will play two nights at the 9:30 club, complaints will be made about everything.  
 16) Jellyfish reform and support Paul McCartney on a secret club tour.  McCartney will be playing with his smokin?? new power trio, Jason Falkner on guitar and Josh Freese on drums.
 17) The Killers release third version of debut record, breakup during recording sessions for second due to ??creative? differences.  Singer moves to Hollywood and gets reality tv show.
 18) The Strokes release third record of ho-hum material, hit the arenas with The Killers and Louis XIV.  Finish the year with a, just time for the holiday season,  Greatest Hits record.  2007 and beyond they??ll be seen occupying barstools in NYC waiting for some to care about them again.
 19) More fuss from me about underdog bands
 20) The Clash reissue "Give 'em Enough Rope"
T.Rex

joz

Re: Predictions for 2006
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
right on with #13...and i'll add that regis philbin will finally admit his homosexuality and marry dame edna in the uk.

ccfalzon

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
I would pay a lot of money to see jellyfish live. Just hearing russian hill would be worth it.

Isn't Sturmer stuck in the same rubber room as Syd and Roky?

If he and McCartney ever play "Live and Let Die" in the same room, they might burst into flames.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
Sturmer is writing and producing stuff for Puffi Ami Yumi, don't know about the rubber room angle.
T.Rex

yinzer

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
1) Wolfmother becomes a band people love or hate.
 2) If the 22-20s come out with a new album, they will start to get a lot of respect.
 3) Pearl Jam will release their best album to date.
 4)The Secret Machines will release a new album and it will be mega.
 5) CHENEY AND/OR ROVE WILL BE INDICTED.
 6) 2006 Films will generally be better 2005.
 7) "Reality TV" will still suck.
 8) TV will get worse.
 9) Democrats will narrow the gap in both the House and Senate but still be in the minority.
 10) Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum will lose mightily in his bid for reelection to the Senate to Bob Casey Jr.

Barcelona

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:26:00 pm »
Arcade Fire and bad music is as George W. Bush and honesty.

alex

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
Mike Ness and Paul McCartney will die.

The Killers will finally realize that there is nothing special about them at all, just after all of their fans realize it.  They will then break up mid-way through their first tour after releasing a flop of an album a la the Vines.  In the following months, one will get shot in some sort of bizzare incident involving hookers, drugs and possibly the Las Vegas mafia; one will join a bland, experimental uber-indie band that 3 people on this board will rave about; one will attempt acting, and land a small, ironic part in a movie about Hollywood hipsters; and the other will become an MTV VJ.

None of the Rolling Stones will die, screwing up death pools across the world for the 20th year in a row.

King George keeps his job by reminding everyone "you really don't want Dick Cheney to rule over you, do you?"

Dick Cheney then dies of a massive stroke.

ccfalzon

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
I didn't know that a soulless robot could die of a stroke.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
One thing I never realized. Sherman was 21 years younger than Isabelle.

Originally posted by Hanover Fiste:
  Sherman Hemsley will run for governor of Indiana.  He'll run on a "Wheezy" platform and when he's elected he'll have Isabel Sanford's corpse exhumed, mummified and placed in a hermetically sealed glass case in the lobby of the statehouse.  Hoosiers will stand in long lines in sub-freezzing temperatures waiting for a glimpse.

nothingman8448

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
While touring for its greatest album to date, Pearl Jam's fans will chant "Drop The Leash" at every show, and at some point they... might play it (yes, i am lying to myself...)

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
1.  People will wonder why Johnny Damon retired after the 2005 season.

2.  U2 will go on an acoustic club tour with tickets averaging $5000.

3.  My girlfriend will continue making me watch the show "Lost" even though i hate it.

4.  Canada will claim its first Stanley Cup since 1993.

5.  930 wil raise the price of beer to $9 a cup.

6.  Radiohead will put out the best album of their career and everyone on this board but me will hate it.

7.  Fresh off the succes off King Kong, a Godzilla remake will be the summer blockbuster movie, and it will be 5 hours long!!!!!

have a great christmas everyone  :)

ggw

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »
In 2006, Dupek will come up with several new monikers, such as "Willis Dikphit" and "Craven Moorehead."

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 06:17:00 pm »
It will be exactly the same as the last ten years.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 07:20:00 pm »
I predict that in 2006, most people here will also become regular posters on  Doomlink!
_\|/_

definitivedoodle

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 07:53:00 pm »
K-Fed's solo album will debut at #1 and will go platium the first week.