Author Topic: The Depot - Baltimore  (Read 2430 times)

paul3mac

The Depot - Baltimore
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »
Anyone ever been to a show there?  Do they have a website?  I saw 'Rahim w/Mixel Pixel on Feb 25th at The Depot' posted somewhere and I'm trying to get more info.  I know it's an 80's/goth/metal bar that sometimes has random shows, but that's about all I know of the place.

lbcardoni

Re: The Depot - Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
Thats about all there is to know about it...There is a room in the back of the club with a dance floor and a DJ booth that bands play in.  It is across the street from the Charles Theatre on Charles Street.

Summerteeth

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »
Wow, I've gone to school there for almost three years and never noticed it.  Is it next to Club Charles?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:20:00 am »
They have shows at The Depot? Now that's a new one on me. I always remembered it being just some really cool bar that we'd all go to between that and the Club Charles. That was ages and ages ago so I don't know what's going on there now. Parking sucks though which is one of the main reasons I stopped hanging out down there. Even worse than in DC, especially for a single woman going it alone. Not safe at all unless you are super lucky and get a space right out front along Charles Street which is very rare, especially on weekends.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:47:00 am »
dont go there, everyone is rude and drunk and smokes and talks alot.  its no fun.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:13:00 am »
Hmmm, what's your angle, Sonick? Trying to keep the place all to yourself? Except for the parking and the cigarettes, I've always really liked both of those places. Boy, do I have some stories from those days! Now, if only I could remember half of them.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
i was referencing the Yo La Tengo thread when Baltimoreans were proclaimed to be less concert friendly than DC residents.

lbcardoni

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
If you are lokoing at the Club Charles, it is to your right.

There is a parking lot on Charles now, next to Club 1722, if you have trouble parking.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:16:00 am »
The place is tiny and the sound is horrible. I've seen a good handful of friends' bands play there, some with live acoustic drums and some just full electronica acts and it didn't matter. The sound for live music there blows. The drink prices are nice and cheap though!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:27:00 am »
Club Charles is more fun.

bnyced0

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »

"i was referencing the Yo La Tengo thread when Baltimoreans were proclaimed to be less concert friendly than DC residents. "

If I said residents I mispoke though I don't think I did, whether they're from Baltimore or not it's my take on those that attend shows in B-more.  And I stand by it.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 02:07:00 pm »
I saw Assemblage 23 there a few years ago, and the sound was indeed terrible.  i enjoy it when there is no band around though.