Author Topic: Regulation at DC Clubs a Sobering Failure  (Read 7199 times)

allmy$to930

Re: Regulation at DC Clubs a Sobering Failure
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
You are acting like a troll.

Why are you trying to engage in a conversation in such indirect ways (posting in Russian, picking on grammar, calling people names)? I think the only way to read your posts is that you are trying to provoke the type of responses that you have been receiving, which, in turn, allow you to claim that you are a victim.

Your viewpoint is legitimate; all you need to do is state it. If you do so, people will be able to respond (or not respond) accordingly.

sacriforce

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »
Well, first of all...I should note that you have difficulty spelling a 6th grade word like 'privilege'.  To me this bespeaks of your intelligence, or rather the lack of.  White Privilege?  That's a far left buzzword.  It's really doublespeak for 'Black Disadvantage'.

Bill Cosby would say the black community needs to shed the victim tag and start to take on more responsibility for what it currently blames on The Man.
people misspell shit all the time. let it go.

you're totally right about the Cosby/victim tag point. I think there's been plenty of bootstrapping done by black folks for generations and generations. that said, look at the Katrina coverage. white people find, black people loot. all jokes aside, how do you answer to that?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
wikipedia will give you a definition of 'white privilege'.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
see, i'm not buying the lenny bruce angle (AKA "holding up a mirror").  it's too easy to hide behind, and dupek has done nothing to set it up - or, more importantly, follow it up (the "A-HA! GOTCHA!" that comes after the wool has been pulled over the crowd).

dupek's defense (usually = offense) has, thus far, consisted of:
 - insulting the intelligence of his accuser (stooping so low as to critique spelling... way to stick to the ideas)
 - changing the topic
 - posting in another language
 - hiding behind other people's quotes
 - adding more offense (RE: "BTW...you said negroes, when the correct term is 'colored'")

that's kinda weak for someone who has a point (at least i think you do, if only you'd clarify).  instead of hiding and deflecting, why not let us know what's on your mind?  i'm happy to dissagree with your ideas, but i can't respect your dishonesty.  i'll be most pleased to stop calling you a racist, per your request, as soon as you stop playing the racist card without context.
<sig>

sacriforce

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by allmy$to930:
  You are acting like a troll.

Why are you trying to engage in a conversation in such indirect ways (posting in Russian, picking on grammar, calling people names)? I think the only way to read your posts is that you are trying to provoke the type of responses that you have been receiving, which, in turn, allow you to claim that you are a victim.

Your viewpoint is legitimate; all you need to do is state it. If you do so, people will be able to respond (or not respond) accordingly.
agreed. you start shit and then cry about people not getting it.

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 - insulting the intelligence of his accuser (stooping so low as to critique spelling...

adding more offense (RE: "BTW...you said negroes, when the correct term is 'colored'

Stooping low???  If you want to be understood, you should learn to spell.  Very basic stuff.

NAACP = National Association of COLORED People

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
dupek isn't racist, he's just a troll, nothing more nothing less
(o|o)

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
Taking a contrary stance is trolling?  BTW, why do you get most of your facts from wikipedia?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
Do we really have time to educate anyone regarding the use of colored?

"Its name (NAACP), retained in accord with tradition, is one of the last surviving uses of the term "colored people". This is now generally viewed as dated and derogatory. In the historical context of the NAACP, however, the term is not considered offensive."
(_|_)

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »
Did you get that from Wikipedia, too?  Did you know the CIA was once called the OSS?  Should we still refer to it as such?

allmy$to930

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
Taking a contrary stance is trolling?  
Please answer these two questions directly.

1) What is your stance?

2) Why have you resorted to using such bizarre methods in this thread?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
is this better, dupek?
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
wikipedia is so good it makes an internet troll's blood boil.
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »
you're right, dupek, this is a much better description of trolling than wikipedia has:

http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

# An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums.  A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.  Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic.  He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth",  flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him.  Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of  other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate science.

I will give you few examples of classic troll messages & discussion threads:

* Example 1
     * Example 2
     * Example 3

He (and in 90% of cases it is he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Sometimes, he is skeptical, trying to scare people, trying to plant fear in their hearts. Many curezone trolls are people trying to promote Quackwatch / ratbags agenda.

Sometimes, Internet troll is trying to spin conflicting information, is questioning in an insincere manner, flaming discussion, insulting people, turning people against each other, harassing forum members,  ignoring warnings from forum moderators.
 Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it, or to report a message to a forum moderator. CureZone moderators usually delete troll messages or block trolls.  Negative emotions stirred up by trolls leak over into other discussions. Normally affable people can become bitter after reading an angry interchange between a troll and his victims, and this can poison previously friendly interactions between long-time users.

Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash.

When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave. Their messages become more and more foul, and they post ever more of them. Alternatively, they may protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed.  Perhaps the most difficult challenge for a webmaster is deciding whether to take steps against a troll that a few people find entertaining. Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. Ultimately, though, the webmaster has to decide if the troll actually cares about putting on a good show for the regular participants, or is simply playing to an audience of one -- himself.
 Next time you are on a message board and you see a post by somebody whom you think is a troll, and you feel you must reply, simply write a follow-up message entitled "Troll Alert" and type only this:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction and not to respond to rolling messages.  It is well known that most people don't read messages that nobody responds to, while 99% of forum visitors first read the longest and the largest threads with the most answers.
(o|o)

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

The venue is not the issue; it's the larger problem of violence in the black community.
I agree.    
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

[A] police substation prominently placed at the entrance

Why do they need a police substation?

I replied to the post in a coherent matter.  I disagreed with other users opinions.  I gave examples to back up my argument, while other users hurled slurs at me. Therefore I am a troll.  You've got me pegged there, sport.