Author Topic: anna nalick in da house  (Read 4099 times)

yinzer

anna nalick in da house
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
if it's good for the bottom line, i guess 9:30 should go for lil' pop tarts like anna nalick during the 6:00 matinee slot.  my question is: what other vapid "musical acts" do people think the 9:30 should book?  maybe they could start booking some cool hip hop acts which sound like every other hip hop act yo! bitches, bling, billies, whips, pimp cups/canes, etc., etc.  what will the next pimp(insert object here) thing be?  i'd go with "pimp RIIIIMS" yo!

Frank Gallagher

Re: anna nalick in da house
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
If you could please repeat that in English some of us just might be able to respond....

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
Welcome to the 930.com online community! Anna Nalick is one of the best artists of our time, and we all love the new album. Certainly this show is shaping up as one the best of the year. Please stick around and tell us about more new music.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:31:00 am »
And the legandary Blue Merle is opening. So be sure to get there early!

yinzer

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
oh ok, back to english then.  i just thought the club could maybe get their hip hop on.  acts that romanticize the virtues of women, cars, diamond encrusted whatever...ipods, walking canes (prima facie evidence that we're living in the fall of rome), goblets, cell phones, toothbrushes i suppose, disposable plastic nacho trays from the 7-11 (you know the ones with separate compartments for one's nacho cheese and jalapenos so as to keep those condiments separate from one's tortilla chips...damn, i hate when all of those ingredients are just COMBINED!).  these acts could tell us all about the STREET!  YO!  i want to keep it all real like that.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by jdr:
 i just thought the club could maybe get their hip hop on.
i love hearing about hip-hop from someone (usually crusty old people) who knows absolutely nothing about hip-hop ... it's always the same ...
(o|o)

yinzer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
me too.

speaking of crusty, i was walking down the street the other day and saw some guy with his whole hip hop style underwear situation (youknowhumsayin?) and his underwear indeed looked to be a bit crusty.  skidmarks are in this year on the runways of paris, milan, and new york.  it struck that casual balance b/t sickening and hilarious which is just missing in much of american life these days, YO!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Maybe hip-hop needs a new PR agent, or at least video producer, because every hip-hop song on the various television music channels involves some brotha with some kind of speech disability calling girls biatches and men niggas, while visually all you see is the same brotha grabbing his genitals while said biatches girate their vaginas in front of the camera at very close range, or shake their rather large bottoms into the same camera...with Lincoln Navigator, Hummer or some other stupid vehicle in the background...or same girls showing close up vagina shots are trying to have sex with said vehicle.

If that's urban life then thank God I live in Rocky Bay, Co. Cork!!!!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
 what other vapid "musical acts" do people think the 9:30 should book?  maybe they could start booking some cool hip hop acts which sound like every other hip hop act yo!
have you been to any hip-hop shows at the 930 club?  the people who play there aren't the idiots you hear on the radio .... i'm sure you're a big fan of MF Doom, Dizzee Rascal, and Talib Kweli, right?
(o|o)

yinzer

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
actually the only hip hop "show" i have ever been to was at 9:30 of all places.  not really much of a show i guess.  it was the opening act for rage against the machine's halloween job in 1999 or 2000?  don't remember a thing about them.  they might have been better than blue merle, whatever the shit that's all about.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006ZXJT8/qid=1129046160/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-1212449-3227354?v=glance&s=music

they're evidently on the coldplay tip...wonderful.  i can't wait until every band on the radio and mtv sounds like coldplay.

yinzer

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »

have you been to any hip-hop shows at the 930 club? the people who play there aren't the idiots you hear on the radio .... i'm sure you're a big fan of MF Doom, Dizzee Rascal, and Talib Kweli, right?

i'm glad they don't have idiotic rap acts at 9:30.  i was just likening pop tart #235, anna "i can cry on cue" nalick, to most of the shite that passes for "hip hop" entertainment which inundates most major media outlets.  99% of the hip hop foisted on the public is just plain pathetic.  as for someone like myself who mostly tends to like the sound of a plugged in guitar-oriented band, that's probably why i pay no attention to the spinal tap-ish carny atmosphere that is million-selling hip hop in 2005.

Bartelby

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 12:09:00 pm »
It's always a great comfort for me to know that you sicko intolerant narrow-minded forum creeps won't be sharing floor/bar space with me at these shows...oh, and Dizzee Rascal and Talib remind me so much of Coldplay - you know - those pauses between notes are soooo similar.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 12:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  It's always a great comfort for me to know that you sicko intolerant narrow-minded forum creeps won't be sharing floor/bar space with me at these shows...
Are you talking about Anna Nalick or indie hip-hoppers?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 12:14:00 pm »
   that's probably why i pay no attention to the spinal tap-ish carny atmosphere that is million-selling hip hop in 2005.
and clearly you also pay no attention to the real hip-hop being created ... thanks for your deep insight on the genre, much appreciated
(o|o)

yinzer

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
bad sushi, i posted the amazon bit which likens blue merle to coldplay not some rap act i've never heard of, nor whatever hip hop act you're pumping up.  intolerant?  guilty i suppose.  intolerant of crap, whatever its form, whether it's jet, my morning jacket, or "insert p. diddy/puff daddy/sean "puffy" combs-produced bitches and hos and all my bling and gold teeth rap" that gives the whole genre a comedic quality that is difficult to draw many parallels with other than '80s hair metal "bands."  that's all.  i think plenty of cracker ass rock 'n' roll is pathetic as well.  i'm intolerant of that too.  i do miss jackyl though with his chainsaw machinations though.  maybe some MC could incorporate a chainsaw into his act instead of turntables.  that would be some groundbreaking material.