Author Topic: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin  (Read 1568 times)

jbcapati

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »
SSLYBY (not to be confused with CYHSY) will be playing an in-store at Olssons at Dupont Circle Thursday 02/22 at 5:30 PM.  They play the Black Cat backstage with Chin Up Chin Up tomorrow evening.

I'm digging the album and looking forward to this.  I missed them with the Changes at RnR Hotel a while back.

Vas Deferens

Re: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
They were pretty good when I saw them IOTA opening for Harry & The Potters (no, I did not stay for them!)
(_|_)

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »
I saw them play with Harry and the Potters later that night at AU.  I'd be interested in seeing them play to a real crowd, rather than interestingly costumed Harry Potter fanatics.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »
ive seen the boris yeltsins now a few times, with their best show by far the first show I saw them at with birdmonster, catfish haven and some other band that i cant recall.

they just didnt seem to have the same energy at CMJ, but the venue sucked.

anyway off to see them tonight with rahim and dirty lenin. i know one if not both are local nyc bands.
HeyLa

Reod Dai

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:21:00 am »
They're opening for Mute Math at the club in March, too.

alex

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
I'll be there tonight, can't wait.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  I'll be there tonight, can't wait.
Saw them last night. They were great, but the lead singer, John Robert, was really losing his voice to the point that Philip was singing a lot more than normally. They were still incredible tho, and by far were the best band last night. Chin Up Chin Up would have been better if you could have at least heard the vocals.

Hopefully SSLYBY will be able to put on a great show tonight!

Oh and let me know if Will and Philip have perfected their jumping into one another vs crashing into one another and mic stands flying and John Robert jumping out of the way!
HeyLa