Author Topic: The weather last night!  (Read 3338 times)

Sir HC

The weather last night!
« on: July 11, 2003, 12:05:00 pm »
So we went to the Fall last night.  Driving home on Florida avenue, all the manhole covers for about 10 blocks were popped off leaving these gaping holes in the hard to see road.  What the hell is that?

mankie

Re: The weather last night!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:07:00 pm »
Flooding?

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 12:11:00 pm »
I had the coolest views of the lightning in the sky from my bedroom window.  For most of the evening I was hanging out on my friend's porch.  Great storm for a summer evening.

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Flooding?
Yes, Florida was covered with water, up to the curbs.  Was quite a sight, but sucked to drive in.

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 12:40:00 pm »
The water was streaming down 15th St. and out of Malcolm X park.  I bet a lot of basements were flooded...

mankie

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 12:50:00 pm »
During the worst of the storm I had to go down to the basement to check on the sump pump...as I turn on the light the bulb blows, so here I am in the middle of a bad storm and I'm going down the basement in the dark.....is that a horror movie waiting to happen or what!

lily1

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 01:18:00 pm »
yes it was. i sat on my balcony around midnight last night and just felt the cool breeze and watches nature's fireworks for a half hour.

Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  I had the coolest views of the lightning in the sky from my bedroom window.  For most of the evening I was hanging out on my friend's porch.  Great storm for a summer evening.

lily1

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 01:20:00 pm »
ooohhh. was our little mankie scared? did you need your teddy bear?  :D

Originally posted by mankie:
  During the worst of the storm I had to go down to the basement to check on the sump pump...as I turn on the light the bulb blows, so here I am in the middle of a bad storm and I'm going down the basement in the dark.....is that a horror movie waiting to happen or what!

mankie

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
 [QB]

ooohhh. was our little mankie scared? did you need your teddy bear?   :D  

I wasn't scared. I wasn't...honest!!!

But I did send the dog down first!!
   ;)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
i haven't had so much fun driving in a long time.  on my way back across town, i had the pleasure of driving up sherman avenue, which was essentially a river.  at each intersection, i would just look about 100 yards ahead to make sure nothing was in my way and then gun it through, sending flumes of water about 12 feet in the air all around me, and drive blind for a little while.  it was a blast.  gotta love a jeep.

i also continued my bizarre relationship with lightning.  for at least the 4th or 5th time in my life, i came within about 10 or 12 feet of a ligtning strike.  it was incredible.  gotta respect nature's power.

Jaguär

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
Josh, you must be like me. A good electrical storm just brings out the best in me.   :D

Sir HC

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »
Josh, sounds like you could of had some waterskiers behind you!  I was most upset with the manhole covers as there was a cop just driving by them all.  I have never seen the manhole covers all pop off like that....

mjnova

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i haven't had so much fun driving in a long time.  on my way back across town, i had the pleasure of driving up sherman avenue, which was essentially a river.  at each intersection, i would just look about 100 yards ahead to make sure nothing was in my way and then gun it through, sending flumes of water about 12 feet in the air all around me, and drive blind for a little while.  it was a blast.  gotta love a jeep.

i also continued my bizarre relationship with lightning.  for at least the 4th or 5th time in my life, i came within about 10 or 12 feet of a ligtning strike.  it was incredible.  gotta respect nature's power.
I was actually at one of those . . . the infamous Radiohead Bull Run show.  The lightning seemed like it litterally struck 10 feet away from me.  Scary as all hell.

paige

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2003, 07:29:00 am »
I love huge summer storms like that. My bedroom has two big windows so the lightning could be seen perfectly from my room. I love thunder and heavy rain! It just puts me to sleep!

mankie

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2003, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:

It just puts me to sleep!

you mean just like when you have sex with scientist markie wk?