Author Topic: Natalie Holloway not such a Goody-Two-Shoes after all?  (Read 16731 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Natalie Holloway not such a Goody-Two-Shoes after all?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  If it was last week, I was on vacation and probably missed it.
This is distracting from my point: to put it another way, as long as KKK members don't think calling people certain names is offensive, does that make it a-ok? Shouldn't the recipient be the one to decide whether the word that is being lobbed at them is offensive? [/b]
Why should it be offensive for KKK members to call people certain names, when same certain people call each other said name?

If calling oneself certain names is not offensive, why should it be offensive for others to call certain people the same name?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 If calling oneself certain names is not offensive, why should it be offensive for others to call certain people the same name?
I agree entirely, but I think in that particular situation that the majority of the ethnic group do find that word offensive irregardless of who's using it.

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2005, 09:37:00 am »
I feel that we can give Mankie a pass.  After all he spent an awful lot of time aboard ship, and when he finally got the chance to go ashore it was to some noname island in the south atlantic where the sheep outnumbered the men by a ratio of 8-to-1.

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2005, 09:38:00 am »
For the record, I have no problem being called a doodle or diddle or whatever, my chief concern is that someone else might be, and since it takes place on this message board, it will be taken as official club policy, the club could lose business because of it. Americans love to boycott things when their national identity is insulted; just look at Freedom Fries!

Guiny

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2005, 09:44:00 am »
Originally posted by clouds R²:
   some noname island in the south atlantic where the sheep outnumbered the men by a ratio of 8-to-1.
I'm sure 9 out of the 10 of those men preferred that ratio.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
And for the record...I find it extremely offensive to be referred to as a "Brit"....I am not a Brit, I am English born and bred. "Brit" is slang for a native of Britain, which consists of England, N. Ireland, Wales and Scotland..and I find it very upsetting and offensive to be associated with the country of Scotland, so please don't call me a Brit ever again.

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
No problem, four eyes.

And for the record...I find it extremely offensive to be referred to as a "Brit"....I am not a Brit, I am English born and bred. "Brit" is slang for a native of Britain, which consists of England, N. Ireland, Wales and Scotland..and I find it very upsetting and offensive to be associated with the country of Scotland, so please don't call me a Brit ever again.

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2005, 10:03:00 am »
AND I HATE IT WHEN SOMEBODY REFERS TO ME AS AN 'AMERICAN'.  I'M NOT FROM BLOODY SOUTH AMERICA OR BLOODY CENTRAL AMERICA, OR EVEN BLOODY CANADA.  I'M FROM THE UNITED STATES, BEST REFERED TO AS 'TOSTADOS UNIDOS' OF BENNETTON.

actually I'm from the eastern shore, but don't call me, unless you're ed mcmahon

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2005, 10:08:00 am »
Personally, I think the only "name" I find unoffensive is "Julian, high lord of sea and air, sinker of ships, and destroyer of that which would dare to fly in mid-heaven." I will consider "Julianteam15" accepatable among close friends, however.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  No problem, four eyes.

[/b]
My eyesight is getting so bad, four eyes is a compliment at this point.

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2005, 11:18:00 am »
my world's getting bigger as my eyesight gets worse i can't see the lines on my
 idiot board

muschi

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
wow. who knew?! whats wrong with scotland? they r just tight-wads, the welsh- all sheep-fuckers. english - bad teeth.

me personally i dont mind being called a "filthy potato-eating mick", refer to my german mom as "frau hitler" and call my italian friends "wops" -- which has to be the lamest ethnic slur ever , i mean come on "with out papers"? pulease come on america i know youve got more hatred in ya, u can do better than that!

muschi

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by clod R²:
   I'M FROM THE UNITED STATES, BEST REFERED TO AS 'TOSTADOS UNIDOS' OF BENNETTON.

oh i love them with salsa. yummy.

Guiny

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
I think Cracker is the most hilarious name ever, I mean common' guys, Cracker is the best you can come up with?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  I think Cracker is the most hilarious name ever, I mean common' guys, Cracker is the best you can come up with?
i remember reading somewhere that the origin of "cracker" as a term for white folk is "whip cracker."