Author Topic: Black Cat Show Tonight  (Read 4158 times)

paige

Black Cat Show Tonight
« on: July 13, 2003, 01:22:00 am »
so i went on over to the lovely black cat tonight to see the Locust, thinking that they would have this crazy ass stage performance. However, it was only mildly creepy with those stupid locust masks on and barely any deviation from the norm. The first band - Kill Me Tomorrow was it? - was ok, nothing special, but kind of avante garde in their own way. But dear God the second band was just nuts. Les Georges something, i forget the last word were these weird ass French Canadians who actually freaked me out. I have no idea if they are just tripped out on acid when they perform or if it's just a well executed stage act; even though their music is pretty bad I found it interesting that every night's show will be different from the next because it's like a little piece of art spazzing out on stage. I have some pictures, if I ever actually put them into my computer I must just have to show you some of the band members -- a drummer dressed as an arabian man with a trash bag turban. Bad ass but weird.

i have no idea why i am rambling. it's that whole post show ears ringing can't sleep stuff.

what else did everyone do tonight?

Bags

Re: Black Cat Show Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 12:34:00 pm »
I saw Guided by Voices at Live on Penn, which was fantastic.  It's a great venue, with the Capital right behind the stage, Bob all drunk and throwing both the mike and beer in the air.  H was in great form (which I feel a bit guilty saying, as I won't be surprised if he dies young).

We stayed through the rainstorm which delayed the Femmes (I had rain ponchos with me!).  Their set was was cut short because the show has to be over by 10 (why?).  But that was cool with me -- I stayed for their set because of the friends with me, not of my own desire to see them.  So what we got was a shorter greatest hits set.

Then we went to Velvet Lounge for the Nighties, which was really a lot of fun.  They rocked out and it was a great way to cap the long, beer-infused day.  I will definitely see them again next time they play.

Sounds like a completely different kind of night from yours, paige!

paige

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 08:26:00 pm »
yeah but it was one of those shows that i won't ever be able to forget it was so damn weird.

ah.. just got home from a wonderfully relaxing day on the bay, steamed crabs, clear skies, and a nice pier to tan on. too bad i still smell like seafood.  :D

mankie

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 09:34:00 am »
Originally posted by paige:

too bad i still smell like seafood.   :D  

...but I thought you said you showered a lot...try douching.   :p

paige

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  but I thought you said you showered a lot...try douching.    :p  
you are so gross, mank. and you wonder why i like markie better....

mankie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 11:43:00 am »
Originally posted by paige:

but I thought you said you showered a lot...try douching.     :p  
you are so gross, mank. and you wonder why i like markie better.... [/b]
Aw come on....you know it made you chuckle at least a little bit.

paige

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 12:10:00 pm »
  Aw come on....you know it made you chuckle at least a little bit.
the smallest chuckle whilst holding back my vomit.. sure.

:p

Captain Jack

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
man, speaking of vomitting, last night I watched 'Trainspotting'. oh man, I passed within the first hour and a half but I still got my share of feces, dead child, and heroin. oh, terrible, like being half awake and having all that in the background was too much. In the end, 'Pirates of the Carribean' was awesome, me and my crew will be leading the the pirate revolution in DC, if you're not in to it, walk the plank, aarrrgggrggghh.

paige

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 12:26:00 am »
I'm the love Pirate, and i'm here for your booty! arghh!!

poorlulu

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 12:30:00 am »
uh,oh paige has been at the booze.............

Bags

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
Originally posted by Captain Jack:
  man, speaking of vomitting, last night I watched 'Trainspotting'. oh man, I passed within the first hour and a half but I still got my share of feces, dead child, and heroin. oh, terrible, like being half awake and having all that in the background was too much. In the end, 'Pirates of the Carribean' was awesome, me and my crew will be leading the the pirate revolution in DC, if you're not in to it, walk the plank, aarrrgggrggghh.
At Fort Reno there was a chick in full pirate garb.  But tasteful -- hat, white poofy shirt, black pants and black & white striped socks.  With a whole bunch of keys slung on her belt for some reason.  I was wondering myself what had inspired her....

mankie

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 10:08:00 am »
Is the pirate movie good? I like a good pirate movie. Must be a Brit thing....an American ex-g/f I took home one time made the point that all the little boys in England played pirate ships whereas the American yard-apes played cowboys and injuns, so there may be something to it.

Mind you, pretty boy whatsisface from 21 Jump street is no Erol Flynn, but I do give him credit for always taking "out there" roles.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 10:14:00 am »
kosmette wants to see it again if thats any indication...  it was a good one  :D
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  kosmette wants to see it again if thats any indication...  it was a good one   :D  
Thanks....will go on the weekend, looking forward to some swash-buckling action you land lubbers!

"At Fort Reno there was a chick in full pirate garb. But tasteful -- hat, white poofy shirt, black pants and black & white striped socks. With a whole bunch of keys slung on her belt for some reason. I was wondering myself what had inspired her...."  ADAM AND THE ANTS FAN WOULD BE MY GUESS.

markie

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 10:28:00 am »
Hey Mankie, I thought you hadnt been posting for a while because you were in France......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/child/story/0,7369,998671,00.html