Author Topic: some live reviews....  (Read 2981 times)

markie

some live reviews....
« on: July 15, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
from the guardian.

including:

Dave Gahan
 polyphonic spree
 robbie williams
 Eels
 Good Charlotte.

it makes the Dave Gahan show sound good.......

jadetree

Re: some live reviews....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 04:49:00 pm »
Odd Eels review, people on their message board made the show sound great, but then again thats people on THEIR message board.

markie

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 04:57:00 pm »
but I thought the review made the show sound good. I guess that is just the kind of thing I like. I was surprised as the review seems a little mismatched with the 3 star rating.....

jadetree

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by the scientist:
  but I thought the review made the show sound good. I guess that is just the kind of thing I like. I was surprised as the review seems a little mismatched with the 3 star rating.....
I just didnt think the review said much about the show at all, did not leave me with any impression.

markie

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 05:10:00 pm »
"but that doesn't stop your heart sinking when the set opens with a grinding, funereal blues. Obviously, making hearts sink is rather the point of grinding, funereal blues - but is it all going to be like this?

Thankfully, no. After a couple of perfunctory cover versions - including, inevitably, the Beatles' I'm a Loser - Everett performs Saturday Morning, a paean to childhood. You wouldn't exactly call it sunny, but it is surprisingly devoid of existential despair. The comedy of Restraining Order Blues may be black - "Judge made it clear, I can't be near you" - but it is funny none the less. His three-piece band rumble away, sounding rather like Crazy Horse. "

thats the middle half..... I think he makes it sound better than he intended too.

jadetree

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
Discussion of london show starts about halfway down - http://bb.dreamworksrecords.com/cgi-bin/eelstheband/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001112;p=4

Sounds like they are still playing Encores after the lights go up, so try and stay upstairs this time scientist

bungle bud

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 05:50:00 pm »
the review of the move festival failed to mention one of manchesters best the inspiral carpets, even worse they failed to mention manchesters and englands finest band PURESSENCE, i for one will not be buying the guardian

mankie

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  the review of the move festival failed to mention one of manchesters best the inspiral carpets, even worse they failed to mention manchesters and englands finest band PURESSENCE, i for one will not be buying the guardian
Inspiral Carpets Manchesters BEST!   :eek:  

Talk about a load of bollocks!

bungle bud

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 12:14:00 pm »
one of manchesters best, not manchesters best, james are one of manchesters best as are the stone roses, manchesters best band are PURESSENCE, thanks for cueing me up for another PURESSENCE plug  ;)

mankie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »
"One of Manchester's best"...that would be all of them with just a few exceptions.

bungle bud

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2003, 12:21:00 pm »
you learn fast my son.

mankie

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
  you learn fast my son.
Thank you glasshopper, (No I'm not going to grab your pebbles for you)

bungle bud

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 12:32:00 pm »
im going to tonights gig cos i heard they sound like big country, so we can exchange cds in the downstairs gents, end shitter, knock 3 times fast then twice slow. do you want me to bring some lovely pete wylie cds?

Bags

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2003, 12:35:00 pm »
  im going to tonights gig cos i heard they sound like big country
I think they're closer to The Mighty Lemon Drops, but you're going in the right direction.  I'm really looking forward to it!

bungle bud

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2003, 12:41:00 pm »
shit i dont like the mighty lemon drops, do you think they will play fields of fire if i shout it out?