Author Topic: MD  (Read 2599 times)

BOOMERANG1313

MD
« on: July 16, 2003, 04:31:00 pm »
hello hello...um..I'm movin to Arnold, MD -its near Annapolis. Anyone got any knowledge of the area, stuff to do? And yes I do realize this topic is quite bland and boring but I just want some info. pC, keep it real, keep it simple, keep it really simple <- just heard that but now I'm gonna stop...

Re: MD
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
two words: satellite dish

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 05:01:00 pm »
i heard once that in that part of MD there are punk shows which take place on farms due to lack of better venues...
T.Rex

paige

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 05:11:00 pm »
if you just want to see what shows are coming to your area go to www.pheer.com which has a huge spectrum of dc/md/va shows... many of them in seemingly random farm places like arnold.

mankie

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 05:27:00 pm »
Hope you know how to squeal like a pig boy!

walkman

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
two more words:  cow tipping

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 06:14:00 pm »
As someone who grew up on a dairy farm, I can say that a cow would be a more welcome sight on my commute home than some black dude rattling his cup wanting my change.

Originally posted by walkman:

two more words:  cow tipping [/b]

paige

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 07:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkman:

two more words:  cow tipping [/b]
two more words: lotsa beer.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 08:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by BOOMERANG1313:
  hello hello...um..I'm movin to Arnold, MD -its near Annapolis. Anyone got any knowledge of the area, stuff to do? And yes I do realize this topic is quite bland and boring but I just want some info. pC, keep it real, keep it simple, keep it really simple <- just heard that but now I'm gonna stop...
My brother lives in Arnold. I visit him when I need to borrow money.

As for the rest of ya, here's a comprehensive list of Arnold attractions:

Anne Arundel Community College

Actually, as far as location is concerned, you're fairly close to Baltimore and Annapolis. DC is an easy trip down US 50, except during morning rush, Sunday evening post-OC rush (actually not that bad) and stolen-SUV-w/kids-inside chases. AA County has several Record & Tape Trader stores and Annapolis has a Tower. Plus you're near the bay and a couple of rivers. There's also the nearby B&A Trail - great for mowing down yuppies.

And, no, I won't tell you where my brother lives.
😐 🎶

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 10:51:00 pm »
hey...thanks for your reassuring responses. For some reason I never remember seeing any farmland? And I was completely sober. Weird...

Yank

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 05:05:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Hope you know how to squeal like a pig boy!
Wasn't the pig in Green Acres named Arnold?  It's all making sense now!

tiia

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 09:19:00 am »
don't 15% of all men who grow up on farms have their first sexual experience with farm animals?  I heard that somewhere once.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
It must be the corny town name, which Maryland has in spades, or Arnold's distance from DC that makes people think of hicktown boondocks. From what I've seen, the only things growing in Arnold are babies, and lots of 'em. Watch yr speed!

As for town names, here's a list from a Zippy the Pinhead strip some years ago: Savage, Boring, Accident, Chance, Relay, Hurry, Detour, Mayo,
 Fork, Gist, Parole, Monie, Sparks, Tuxedo, Bivalve, Crapo, Blueball, Pindell, Clopper, Pomonkey, Wango, Madonna, Halfway, Secretary, Morganza, Glenelg, Scaggsville, Frizzelburg, Zittlestown, Chewsvills, Finksburg, Funkstown, Ijamsville, Ladiesburg, Slabtown, Loveville, Gayfields, Mousetown, Spoolsville, Sugarland, Troutville, Girdletree, Fair Play, New Addition, Green Acres, Hack Point, Tonytank, One Spot, Pooks Hill, Radiant Valley, Random View, and of course Flintstone.

And don't forget California (across the Patuxent from Solomon's Island) and the three Oaklands.
😐 🎶

Jaguär

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 04:59:00 pm »
Holy shit! You missed the best one Beets....

French Lick, Maryland.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 11:01:00 pm »
my parents moved to Finksburg.  there arent any farms there, just housing developments. boy does that place suck.  

Lineboro, thats a good one.