Author Topic: ambulance ltd. @ black cat  (Read 2044 times)

eilo97

ambulance ltd. @ black cat
« on: October 16, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
is anyone planning on going to this?  if so (or if not), do you know if it will sell out?  i really want to go, but i'm not completely sure if i can so i'm wondering if i'll be able to buy tickets at the door.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: ambulance ltd. @ black cat
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 06:05:00 pm »
it was featured today in the Sunday Source, so if i were you i'd get tickets ahead of time.  unless you're one of the first few in line, you just might get screwed...

lily1

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 11:15:00 pm »
buy your ticket ahead of time, i'm fairly certain this will sell out.

Shiverintheshadows

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
Their last show at Black Cat sold out in advance of the date -- at least a week before, as I recall.

seeking_irony

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
the opening band, We Are Scientists (www.wearescientists.com), are getting a lot of hype right now. and they actually deserve it - a novel concept, i know. so between them and ambulance ltd, they could sell out the black cat.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shiverintheshadows:
  Their last show at Black Cat sold out in advance of the date -- at least a week before, as I recall.
How are they live anyway? Not that it matters -- I dig 'em and have missed way too many of their shows. Who else is heading up?

amnesiac

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Sugartastic:
  How are they live anyway?
They're good, if you don't mind the fact that they pretty much sound just like the cd. In fact, the last show I saw, the first two songs they played are the first two that appear on the album.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Sugartastic:
  How are they live anyway?
i've seen them a few times and they've ranged from so-so to good ... they've really killed "yoga meets union" every time
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  ... they've really killed "yoga meets union" every time
I'll go to the show just for that, completely worth it.

I know I could look it up -- do they have a new album either out or coming out?

megs

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 01:57:00 pm »
i'm going...fourth time seeing them and i expect them to be great. maybe i'm not picky enough but they've been good or better each time i've seen them.

Darth Ed

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 12:59:00 am »
I thought We Are Scientists stole the show! They really rocked out. Loved them. I wish they had had a full-length CD for sale, but they just had a CD single or something. I bought it anyway, but I doubt it will do their live show justice.

Ambulance Ltd. was kind of boring, I thought. They had a total of three songs that were really good, and the rest were just blah.  "Yoga Meets Union" kicks ass though and it was definitely worthwhile seeing and hearing it live.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 10:16:00 am »
I agree with Ed entirely about Ambulance.  Dumb ass me sat down in the Red Room during We Are Scientists...  Ambulance, at this point, just seem so uninspired.  Ugh, and one 'new song' they played was one of the worst songs I can recall hearing in concert.  It immediately prededed "Yoga Meets Union," which you just can't mess up.  That song is great.

Kurosawa made a good point -- it's time for the Ambulance boys to get off the road and in to a studio.  Really work on some new music, and get rejuvenated before touring again.  She should be their manager!!

seeking_irony

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 12:56:00 pm »
The We Are Scientists album isn't coming out until January. Hopefully they'll come back through D.C. in January or February to support it, though. I can't wait to see them headline a show.

proudestmonkey22

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:00 pm »
is We Are the Scientists supposed to be a reference to GBVs "I Am a Scientist"?