Author Topic: FOO FIGHTERS SHOW  (Read 5708 times)

definitivedoodle

FOO FIGHTERS SHOW
« on: October 17, 2005, 06:44:00 am »
Only heard good things about the show this morning, and even seth got a shout out.

Bombay Chutney

Re: FOO FIGHTERS SHOW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 07:47:00 am »
Not just a shout out - He sat in on "Born On The Bayou."

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:25:00 am »
What an amazing show but somehow when I got home I no longer was wearing my jagermeister shirt.
FUKIT

xcanuck

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  What an amazing show but somehow when I got home I no longer was wearing my jagermeister shirt.
Ha! We couldn't believe it took you that long to offer up the shirt to Dave! So did you get something in return for your shirt?

What an incredible show. They played for almost 2.5 hrs. All the usual hits were played as well as some older stuff (I'll Stick Around, For All The Cows).

One must admit that the coolest moment of the night was when Grohl walked off the stage, through the crowd, and onto the bar while still playing guitar. He strolled up and down the bar for a few minutes while rocking out and doing a shot of jagermeister.

The not so coolest part of the show was the substantial amounts of balcony area roped off for DC101 "vips", friends, family, etc who appeared to have little or no interest in the show. We were right next to the friends/family section and I noticed one guy who spent the entire set either text messaging on his phone or napping. What a waste.

Good to see Bags and Bombay Chutney at the show. Forum was well represented.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 11:08:00 am »
That was YOU?!?!  Yeah, but you got Grohl's Motorhead shirt, you damn bitch!!!  That whole exchange was the coolest...Chutney and I were about 5 people behind you.  I couldn't see you.  You weren't the guy holding up the sign "I am YOU at fifty!", are you??

What a frickin' amazing show, eh?  I was in heaven.  At about 3/4 mast energywise as I'd seen them Friday and had a long, fun weekend in NYC.  But it was still blissful.

Xcanuck and his wife had primo space on the balcony, right above Grohls' runway/bar.  

Chutney and I fought with the kids on the floor, soaking up some amazing energy and dealing with just a few overly eager young fans who still think you get further up front just by being "such a huge, huge fan -- woo hoo -- I'm leaning forward, I'm leaning forward."   ;)

Thank you 9:30 (for another complicated but amazingly well run event), DC101 for whatever part they played, and FOO FIGHTERS for being one of the top live bands around who appreciate the chance at a longer club show to just do it up and give it all to the fans.

angelml

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
that had to be one of the best shows i've ever seen...i'm so glad i was able to find tix there.  I hope my other guys that were looking for tix were able to find some too!  

ratbastard...so did you get to keep dave's shirt and get a FF one too?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 11:57:00 am »
Spent a whole $3 the whole night.  Ended up with Daves shirt, a Foo shirt from merch, a drums stick, two picks, and a set list.  I kept the stick and the Foo shirt.  Gave away the set list to the one person who was in line before I got to the club, gave Daves pick to someone who just asked for it, gave Daves shirt and the other pick to my friend Kim who hits all the shows with me.  Karma ya know.  Yeah it was my sign by the way.  The kicker of the whole thing is that I had the jager shirt on but I have been clean and sober over 20 years.  Was hoping Dave didnt bring me a shot.  Would have hated to had to turn the guy down!  I am now waiting to hear of him wearing that shirt and telling the story at a show somewhere!  See y'all at All American Rejects (11-14 the dya of the 50th Bday!  Come help me celebrate), Disturbed, and Brian Setzer...
FUKIT

Bags

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
 The kicker of the whole thing is that I had the jager shirt on but I have been clean and sober over 20 years.  Was hoping Dave didnt bring me a shot.  Would have hated to had to turn the guy down!  
He'd understand...did you notice Taylor didn't do a jager shot?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
wow, that was one hell of a show ... we showed up around 10:30, waited in line for about 30-40 minutes, and got in right when foo fighters took the stage

when we first got in line we had to walk all the way down 8th street, almost to the McDonalds ... i thought we'd never get in, but somehow just got there in time

i'm not a die-hard, quote-every-lyric foo fighters fan, but they were really fantastic ... the band sounded incredibly tight and dave was in rare form ... there was a great "once-in-a-lifetime" type buzz going around the room, and i think it rubbed off on the band

we actually left around 1am (after monkeywrench, i think), they went on for another half hour or so?  what else did i miss?
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 01:01:00 pm »
by the way, the place was over-filled packed, but, as always, there was a nice pocket of open space at the end of the bar near the food sign

how is it that at EVERY sold-out, totally packed show, there's ALWAYS a nice-sized open space right there ... weird ...
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
While it was all good, a couple highlights for me:

- "Everlong" starting out as Dave solo, but ending with the full band as a great, blistering rock song.

- "The Last Song" from In Your Honor being played.  I didn't hear this at my two arena shows, and don't think it's being played on the rest of the tour.  It's emerged as my fave song on Disc 1.

- These songs like "In Your Honor" just rock the hell out.  Holy, holy cow.   I hadn't gotten in to the new album much, but appreciate and enjoy it more now that I've seen the band perform 4 or 5 of the songs.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
 how is it that at EVERY sold-out, totally packed show, there's ALWAYS a nice-sized open space right there ... weird ...
SSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
 That's my usual spot!

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 01:09:00 pm »
If they played "Good Grief" then I'll be REALLY bummed I missed the show. That's probably my fave Foo song, along with "Everlong".

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

- "Everlong" starting out as Dave solo, but ending with the full band as a great, blistering rock song.

so i guess this was after i left ... oh well ... do you remember when the show ended?  hope i didn't miss too much by leaving at 1
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by Bags:

so i guess this was after i left ... oh well ... do you remember when the show ended?  hope i didn't miss too much by leaving at 1 [/b]
Show ended at 1:30, just about on the dot.  So actually it was a 2 hour and 20 minute show; the went on at 11:10.

What did you miss...he played "In Your Honor" at the end -- while it's the opener for the arena shows.  I'm terrible with sets lists in my head...Born on the Bayou with Seth on drums was either the second or third to last song....  I think it went Born on the Bayou, Everlong, In Your Honor.  

Had they left the stage before the encore when you left, Hoya?