Author Topic: Metric/Stills/Sea Ray rollcall  (Read 3375 times)

Bags

Metric/Stills/Sea Ray rollcall
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:12:00 pm »
Listed in the subject line in the order I want to see them.  Metric kicks it, and that's the only album I have of the lot.

So, can anyone tell me about Sea Ray?

redsock

Re: Metric/Stills/Sea Ray rollcall
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Macktastic Bag O' Flash:
  Listed in the subject line in the order I want to see them.  Metric kicks it, and that's the only album I have of the lot.

So, can anyone tell me about Sea Ray?
I may be outside flyering for the BY show, but just not sure I'll go in. A decent bill, i like Metric and The Stills, but I got too much going on this week.

eltee

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
I'm out unfortunately. Late show no workie on a school night.

Samantha

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
Sea Ray is EXCELLENT.  They played with The Church on the last tour.  really mellow ensemble with a cello.  I bought their last album and thought some songs were almost mellow Idle-wild-like.  I am thinking of going just because of them, since I don't know the others.

Samantha

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »

Bags

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
Thanks, Sam.  If you click on the e-card, you can listen to the whole album and look at a lovely picure of an interactive iPod.

Dandy01

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 04:52:00 pm »
I'd go for The Stills, although the entire album hasn't completely grown on me aside from the Still in Love Song.  Metric sounds promising.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
I'm going for Metric because they were terrific last time. Sea Ray sounds intriguing. I will give them a listen.

Jaguär

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 01:07:00 am »
This has been discussed before on this board last time they were in town but I've always liked Sea Ray's songs "Hall Of Fame" and "Stray Dog's Got It Made". Some of their other songs require the right mellowish mood.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
Damn. Has this always been listed as a late show?

Bags

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  Damn. Has this always been listed as a late show?
Yes, it has.  I sent it out to a friend when first announced who said "if doors are at 9:30, that's not a late show..."  Well, with three bands it sure is.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
Set times just went up:

Late Doors 9:30
 Sea Ray 9:45
 Metric 10:30
 The Stills 11:15

megs

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
i'm there. miss out a chance to see more pretty boys making pretty music? surely not.

Bags

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 01:02:00 am »
Damn, Metric just tears that shit up.  Fantastic.  The Stills were in deep shit having to follow that band....I have a story, I'll tell it tomorrow....

redsock

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 10:19:00 am »
Last night was toooo long. The Evens were awesome, very excited to see them again. Metric was good, except for that extended thing at the end. Does anyone have their albums? My guess is that their danceable goodness carries over pretty well. It was the second time i had seen them, and I think I like them more. And the annoying bassist finally cut his little tail.

The Stills were pretty good too, pretty much just played thier album note for note. I think they are a band I could really get to like, if i had the time. I'll just have to settle with 'kinda like.' And for those of you who care, flyering went relatively well too. My night was made when I heard one guy say he had been on the site yesterday. And Niall, he complimented 'us' on the Hersh interview. Perhaps he's a largehearted boy reader, eh?

Good to finally meet GGW and Skeeter, and to see all of you other lovely people again, even if it was exhausting.