Author Topic: Here comes the fresh  (Read 836 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Here comes the fresh
« on: October 20, 2005, 07:46:00 am »
Hope Meg has a good financial advisor

Jack White Takes Time Off, Forms Raconteurs

Jack White, one half of The White Stripes, has announced that he is planning on taking a break from the indie duo for the next year in order to focus on a new project. He will be working as another half member of The Raconteurs, the band he has with long-time pal and fellow label mate, Brendan Benson. The pair got their name from the French and it means "skilled teller of anecdotes".

As of right now the twosome have begun laying down some tracks in Benson??s Detroit house. The new LP should be ready in early 2006. According to Rolling Stone Jack commented, ??I don't want it to sound anything like the White Stripes, this is a full-on band - dual songwriters coming together, building off one another, bouncing off each other.? Sounds like it should be interesting!

(the above is lifted from some website)

If Jack can find the songwriting groove he was in for WBC, with added support from Brendan, this will a most interesting adventure.  Can't wait...
T.Rex

Bags

Re: Here comes the fresh
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 05:49:00 pm »
Benson's also collaborated with...DAVE GROHL.  Apparently they cut some songs that haven't seen the light of day.  I'd keep 'em secret and all to myself, really.....

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:54:00 am »
SWEET!

That's exciting.  Yay Jack.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 05:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Benson's also collaborated with...DAVE GROHL.  
Uh oh, here she goes again!  :eek: