Author Topic: We need a TV thread dont we?  (Read 22947 times)

eltee

Re: We need a TV thread dont we?
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:53 pm »
holy NSFW pix!;)
she is a cute gal and I've always liked his sister on the show. b/c you like Chuck so much and I did like the first few episodes when it began, i plan to catch up via netflix.

did anyone see the "Everybody Hates Chris" finale? That was actually a pretty funny show - well written and acted - love the 80s nostalgia.

eltee

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009, 12:53:18 pm »
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D99RCU580.htm
Netflix makes deal Disney/ABC for online streaming.
The shows they mention, other than LOST, are crap, but I look forward to more current shows w/ available streaming. Ever since the writers' strike, most networks don't have past or current episodes available online.
I do like Netflix's stream - good video quality.

This summer I've been watching:
"Entourage" (I'm enjoying more Sea. 6 more than Sea. 5, which was boring and the acting horrible. Yet, still it's not what it once was so I wonder if they should call it a day?)

"True Blood" (Loved Sea. 1 - completely surprised that I don't really like Sea. 2. After Sea. 2, ep. 3, I find it boring, cheesy, lame. But, I'll wait for the rest of season to see if my mind changes)

"Californication" (Sea. 2 - eh, more of the same but still watchable)

"The Tudors" (caught up via Netflix stream. I'm ready for the last season, if Rhys can stay sober and out of fights)

"Skins" - I'm still making my way through. It's more intense than "90210" ;) I probably won't watch future episodes (w/o sea. 1 cast).

Now that I'm caught up with the above, it's time to catch up on taped TV: Burn Notice, Leverage, Royal Pains and Pushing Daisies. 

I'm trying to find a decent stream for "Damages". The one via fastpasstv has an audio delay. And, Fx isn't repeating the show this summer.

Don't forget - "Mad Men" starts Aug. 16 - there is a marathon of sea. 2 a day before; not sure about sea. 1.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:18:50 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

walkonby

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009, 01:14:37 pm »
speaking of netflix streaming . . . the other day i noticed one of the greatest "mockumentaries" of all time was on there (fear of a black hat) and netflix had done the unholiest of unholy actions and censored the entire thing (every cuss word including ass or bitch) from it, leaving it a lifeless shell of its former self.  why they did it confounds me, and was curious if others have seen netflix do this to other streamed titles?

eltee

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009, 01:31:29 pm »
I can't remember which show they censored, but I read user complaints in the comment section for one show. (Maybe Tudors? Which they had up for streaming then took down? Sorry, I can't remember. )

vansmack

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:53 pm »

Netflix makes deal Disney/ABC for online streaming.

You mean, if I let someone watch the previous seasons, there's a good chance they will watch the current season and I can sell more ad time?

I'm shocked at this revelation.  Really, I am.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2009, 02:17:51 pm »
I can't remember which show they censored, but I read user complaints in the comment section for one show. (Maybe Tudors? Which they had up for streaming then took down? Sorry, I can't remember. )

If they took the sex out of the Tudors, it's hardly worth watching now that Sir Thomas More is lacking his most precious asset - his brain.
27>34

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2010, 11:14:28 am »
Sorry, I had to bump this.

The Breaking Bad season 3 premiere is on tonight. In my opinion, it is the best show on TV.

Has anyone been watching HBO's "The Pacific"?