Author Topic: Donnas  (Read 4635 times)

Gargoyle

Donnas
« on: February 06, 2003, 12:20:00 pm »
Anyone else catch the Donnas last night?<P>Brett looked good and sounded great. Torry was obviously having fun (and looking tasty). Even Maya's jokes seemed to get a tad more response than usual.<P>Felt sorry for the girl that landed on the edge of the stage, but the show must go on. I thought Brett handled it appropriately.

Guiny

Re: Donnas
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 12:48:00 pm »
I thought that show was a hell of alot better then the Black Cat one. I got there half way thru the OK Go set and luckily they saved their best song for last. The Donna's were really good also, we managed to bulldoze are way up to the front about half way thru. Damn that drummer is a hottie. I dont understand why they never play "Living after Midnight" though. It seemed to be pretty short also.

tenpercenter

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 02:34:00 pm »
i thought the ok go set kinda sucked. the crowd wasn't into yet, yet everyone knew the songs and were quitely singing along. they were much better when i saw them at the black cat. <BR>the donnas impressed me. i wasn't that into them before the show, but they put on a great set and were fun.

Fuelie

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 02:55:00 pm »
I thought the show was SO great. Longwave was good, OK Go looked like they were having so much fun and I thought they rocked and the Donnas were way cool, even though i couldnt hear the vocals at some points. And the girl who crowdsurfed and hit the side of the stage fell on me and almost kicked me in the face with her boot. I didnt feel sorry for her.

JGatz

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »
Did the show sell out?

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
Yes it did sell out.

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 07:07:00 pm »
The show was insane last night! I was upset that many people weren't into Ok Go. My sister, the guy behind me, and I were the only ones that were singing. Unfortunately we got stuck near a stuck up couple and some cheerleaders who gave us nasty looks. Learn how to have some fun. I got into Longwave, lead singer seems pretty rad. Had to leave around 11 but the Donnas were awesome, especially during, dirty denim. Just wanna say thanks to the jerky group behind us, we were havin fun in the "pit" don't get upset cause someone touched you, going to shows is a contact sport...

Fuelie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 01:03:00 am »
umm-I sang during OK Go too! they rocked. where were you standing? i was definitely into their performance.

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 01:08:00 pm »
Yeah I was totally into it too. I was standing in the middle not too far from the stage. We were jumpin around and singin, maybe you were the guy behind us, cause no one else around us was into it at all. Staring at the walls...

Fuelie

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 03:37:00 pm »
nooo i am a girl and i was standing at the bar more to the left side...and i am small and have dark red hair.

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 05:21:00 pm »
ooo sorry just kiddin then. I guess the OK Go fans were sporadically spaced out. Should've all gotten together, would've been insane.

Guiny

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 05:42:00 pm »
It was insane once we got up to the front half way thru The Donna's set, hope i didnt spill beer on anyone. I know i spilled plenty on myself.

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2003, 06:17:00 pm »
HAHA Alright, I definately saw you then, the small girl with the beer!! Yeah I finally had to get away from the weird people around us, pushed our way up to the front and everyone started pushing everyone, IT WAS GREAT!! Its just that I wish more people were into OK Go, would've made it alot better although I loved how everyone went insane once The Donnas started playin, kinda evens out in the end.