Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2003 lineup annouced  (Read 10712 times)

Sir HC

Re: Lollapalooza 2003 lineup annouced
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 10:55:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B>Was it a career ending mistake when Coldplay played at HFSestival? They were by far the worst band there, yet everyone in this forum seems to bow down to them. (Ok mostly all of you)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But who from this forum went to see them there?  It is very possible many of those in attendance are now turned off to Coldplay because of that show.

Fuelie

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 11:07:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR> it would be a career ending mistake because popularity makes you BAD!!! when you sell records, and "normal" people listen to you and you are on the radio, that means you are BAD!B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hope you were being sarcastic or something because, if not, that was a completely retarded thing to say. being popular=making money and dont you think that what musicians want? And while I definitely dig the music that the indie/underground scene caters, I think its great that people can make money doing what they really like doing and I wouldn't bash someone for being a sellout just because their music is very available to anyone...thinking that makes you totally pseudo-intellectual when it comes to music. <BR>

Henry Dark

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 11:39:00 am »
I think there's a difference here. A band can still maintain their integrity,  perhaps making them less popular, and make a decent living. Being very popular means being rich, and I don't think that's every bands or every persons goal in life. I don't see eye to eye with those that make that their primary goal.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuelie:<BR><B> I hope you were being sarcastic or something because, if not, that was a completely retarded thing to say. being popular=making money and dont you think that what musicians want? And while I definitely dig the music that the indie/underground scene caters, I think its great that people can make money doing what they really like doing and I wouldn't bash someone for being a sellout just because their music is very available to anyone...thinking that makes you totally pseudo-intellectual when it comes to music. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2003, 12:07:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuelie:<BR><B> I hope you were being sarcastic or something because, if not, that was a completely retarded thing to say.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>haha, i was not only being sarcastic, but more condescending. i definitely dont think all of that, but sometimes i think a lot of other people do.  <P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2003, 12:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>$120 for two days? What a ripoff. Bumbershoot in Seattle is like $20 a day, Citystages in Birmingham is $30 for three days, and the Austin City Limits Fest was $35 for two days.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>ok, so its not the BEST deal ever, but did Bumbershoot/Austin City have 55 bands, and a film festival (i dont know, i am actually asking).....if i check out last years lineup, i could have seen 20 bands that i would really enjoy, for $120? not bad, i think. <BR>and the dates are April 26-27 for Coachella<P><BR>

Henry Dark

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2003, 01:10:00 pm »
Actually, Bumbershoot had quite a bit more than 55 bands (500 perfomers by their count). You can view the entire 4 day list here:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.bumbershoot.org/allartists.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.bumbershoot.org/allartists.html[/url] <P>And Austin had 69 act in two days. Schedule here:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aclfest.com/schedule.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aclfest.com/schedule.html[/url] <P><BR>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> <BR>ok, so its not the BEST deal ever, but did Bumbershoot/Austin City have 55 bands, and a film festival (i dont know, i am actually asking).....if i check out last years lineup, i could have seen 20 bands that i would really enjoy, for $120? not bad, i think. <BR>and the dates are April 26-27 for Coachella<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><p>[This message has been edited by Henry Dark (edited 02-10-2003).]

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Well, i dont know too many of the Bumbershoot artist (maybe 1/2, 5 of which i would actually care to see) and the Austin City thing looks to be a completely different kind of show altogether, i dont think there is even a comparison.<BR>  Thanks for the info tho, very interesting<P><BR>

Henry Dark

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
Can't be denied that Coachella has an impressively long list of popular mainstream acts.The fact that they have so many popular acts no doubt contributes to the hefty ticket price.<P>   <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>  Well, i dont know too many of the Bumbershoot artist (maybe 1/2, 5 of which i would actually care to see) and the Austin City thing looks to be a completely different kind of show altogether, i dont think there is even a comparison.<BR>  Thanks for the info tho, very interesting<P><BR>  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »
at least it doesnt have anything called a "Jam Stage"  YIKES!

Henry Dark

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
If you are referring to the jam stage at the Austin City Limits Fest, I'll take those artists over the loud, aggressive hard rock bands on the Lolaploosa list. I'm not that familiar with the ones on the Austin jam stage list, but Luna was on the jam stage, and they'ere a pretty damn good little band. Also, the list of alt-country performers on the Austin list was quite impressive.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>at least it doesnt have anything called a "Jam Stage"  YIKES!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
<BR>Excellent point. Rock and HipHop acts, and DJs (especially DJs) get paid MUCH more than jazz, altcountry and bluegrass musicians. Making the cost of the concerts way way high.<P>take the Beastie Boys and Oasis out of Coachella and the price would probably drop $20 right there!!! <P>Therefore we have 2 completely different concerts at 2 completely different prices!!<P>maybe the Radiohead/Coachella rumor will turn true and i'll have a reason to pay $120!!!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>   If you are referring to the jam stage at the Austin City Limits Fest, I'll take those artists over the loud, aggressive hard rock bands on the Lolaploosa list. I'm not that familiar with the ones on the Austin jam stage list, but Luna was on the jam stage, and they'ere a pretty damn good little band. Also, the list of alt-country performers on the Austin list was quite impressive.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
How about just calling this tour "Hooray For Grunge" or "Early 90's Snoozefest 2003".....

ggw

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2003, 11:31:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>  anyway, Coachella......heres who they have "as of now" announced....<P>The Hives<BR>Beastie Boys<BR>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<BR>Polyphonic Spree<BR>Soundtrack of our Live<BR>Z-Trip<BR>Ben Kweller<BR>Deep Dish (!!)<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<P>That looks suspiciously identical to last year's list.<P>Here's who's playing this year:<P>Beasties, Kraftwerk, Soundtrack of Our Lives, Princess Superstar, Ben Kweller, White Stripes, Underworld, Common Sense.<P>Rumored:<P>The Cure, The Hives, The Datsuns, Prince.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2003, 12:30:00 pm »
<P>Here's who's playing this year:<P>Beasties, Kraftwerk, Soundtrack of Our Lives, Princess Superstar, Ben Kweller, White Stripes, Underworld, Common Sense.<P>Rumored:<P>The Cure, The Hives, The Datsuns, Prince.[/B][/QUOTE]<P>>>> Where did you get this listing for the upcoming fest?? The official site is not listing anything as of a couple days ago. I was there last year and had a blast! If Kraftwerk is there I guess we'll head out again.....

ggw

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2003, 01:22:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imrotten:<BR><B><BR>>>> Where did you get this listing for the upcoming fest?? The official site is not listing anything as of a couple days ago. I was there last year and had a blast! If Kraftwerk is there I guess we'll head out again.....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know people who know people who know people.....<P>The official lineup announcement will be this weekend.