Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2003 lineup annouced  (Read 10710 times)

Got Haggis?

Lollapalooza 2003 lineup annouced
« on: February 08, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
Audioslave<BR>Incubus<BR>Queens of the Stoneage<BR>Jurassic5<BR>Janes Addiction <P>so far, it doesn't thrill me at all....YAWN.<BR>

Guiny

Re: Lollapalooza 2003 lineup annouced
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
I'd have to agree......Big time YAWNNNNNN!!!!

andyrichter

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 07:10:00 pm »
audioslave-biggest waste of $12 in my entire life-they blow. . . real hard<BR>incubus-eh, boring, middle of the road rock-i could take it or leave it. . .actually i'll leave it<BR>queens of the stone age-one mainstream band i actually like-good live show<BR>jurassic 5-i like em!   <BR>janes addiction-again, never was really into janes that much so i could take it or leave it<P>in closing, i'll be waiting for the full lineup before i decide whether i will pay to see the show.

paige

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 11:58:00 am »
yaaaaaaawn except for J5 and queens of the stone age. but like i'm really going to spend a crapload of money on all the other bands just to see two in a huge venue when you're never close enough to the stage anyway? no thanks

redsock

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 07:21:00 pm »
Rumor has it Interpol may also be playing. I think we should see the full line-up before making any rash judgements, but I tend to agree, the line-up is, dare I say, too mainstream. Something we wouldn't have said in 1991.

myuman

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 09:33:00 pm »
Interpol? OMG would that be a career ending mistake.  That would rank right up there with something like.... sandwiched between sum 41 and kelly osbourne at HFS.  Hopefully they steer clear.  Stay with clubs until radiohead needs an opener.

Latvia

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 09:39:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B>Interpol? OMG would that be a career ending mistake.  That would rank right up there with something like.... sandwiched between sum 41 and kelly osbourne at HFS.  Hopefully they steer clear.  Stay with clubs until radiohead needs an opener.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How would that be a career-ending mistake?<P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 09:44:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latvia:<BR><B> How would that be a career-ending mistake?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it would be a career ending mistake because popularity makes you BAD!!! when you sell records, and "normal" people listen to you and you are on the radio, that means you are BAD!  Incubus used to be great, until Make Yourself came out, and then they sucked, even though it sounded just like, SCIENCE.  See, the Flaming Lips can have pink bunnies onstage and that is cool, but please, no power chord music cause that is bad.  an god forbid, dont sell a million albums!!!<P> you people are jaded worse than my record store coworkers!!!<P>  but either way i am going to Coachella this year finally.<BR>

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 09:56:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latvia:<BR><B> How would that be a career-ending mistake?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually it is a crowd that would not be into them, and their's is not a show with the same mosh energy.  I guess you didn't see Pavement play Lollapalooza around here.  They had mud and sod flung at them so much, they just walked off stage.  I could very well see a similar thing happen with Interpol.  So with a crowd whose majority doesn't like you you will not be giving your all and will put on a bad show thereby not swaying the 5% who might actually like you.  You get bitter and break up.  Maybe on the second stage they could be great, like Lambchop was.

Henry Dark

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 09:57:00 am »
I thought Lollapukeloosa was about musical diversity...all I see here is hard rock and a token negro band thrown in...

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 09:59:00 am »
Was it a career ending mistake when Coldplay played at HFSestival? They were by far the worst band there, yet everyone in this forum seems to bow down to them. (Ok mostly all of you)

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 10:05:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>I thought Lollapukeloosa was about musical diversity...all I see here is hard rock and a token negro band thrown in...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, no diversity in that "as of now" lineup.  its too bad but people wont pay money for bands they dont really know, but the bands they know, suck.  haha.<P>  anyway, Coachella......heres who they have "as of now" announced....<P>The Hives<BR>Beastie Boys<BR>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<BR>Polyphonic Spree<BR>Soundtrack of our Live<BR>Z-Trip<BR>Ben Kweller<BR>Deep Dish (!!)<P>and thats like 1/10 of it....for $120 for two days....let this give us all faith that a large festival CAN happen. even if its in cali.

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 10:06:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> <P>The Hives<BR>Beastie Boys<BR>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<BR>Polyphonic Spree<BR>Soundtrack of our Live<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and i will correct myself now<P>Soundtrack of our Lives<P>sorry sweden!

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 10:09:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>   anyway, Coachella......heres who they have "as of now" announced....<P>The Hives<BR>Beastie Boys<BR>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<BR>Polyphonic Spree<BR>Soundtrack of our Live<BR>Z-Trip<BR>Ben Kweller<BR>Deep Dish (!!)<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's a very similar line-up from last years'. What are the dates this year?<BR>

Henry Dark

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
$120 for two days? What a ripoff. Bumbershoot in Seattle is like $20 a day, Citystages in Birmingham is $30 for three days, and the Austin City Limits Fest was $35 for two days.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> yeah, no diversity in that "as of now" lineup.  its too bad but people wont pay money for bands they dont really know, but the bands they know, suck.  haha.<P>  anyway, Coachella......heres who they have "as of now" announced....<P>The Hives<BR>Beastie Boys<BR>Chemical Brothers<BR>Oasis<BR>Foo Fighters<BR>Bjork<BR>Siouxsie and the Banshees<BR>Polyphonic Spree<BR>Soundtrack of our Live<BR>Z-Trip<BR>Ben Kweller<BR>Deep Dish (!!)<P>and thats like 1/10 of it....for $120 for two days....let this give us all faith that a large festival CAN happen. even if its in cali.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>