Author Topic: Rock and Roll Stories  (Read 1743 times)

Rock and Roll Stories
« on: July 13, 2006, 10:06:00 am »
NINE INCH NAILS NUT BUSTER
   During a 1991 Nine Inch Nails tour, in 1991,
   they were lined up to play Birmingham
   Goldwyns. During one song, Trent started a
   lame form of crowdsurfing. Not taking well to
   be kicked in the face, I found my assailants
   bollocks,  and dispensed a couple of sharp
   jabs to teach him a lesson. You can hear it on
   an old bootleg tape I have, as he stops
   singing and goes "OOOOF". It was about then I
   realised I'd just punched Trent Reznor in the
   bollocks.

MOBY BROKE MY TOILET
   A while back I used to interview visiting pop
   starlets for the local listings mag. This time
   it was the the turn of Moby, on his first UK
   tour and riding high in the charts with his
   monosyllabic rave anthem *Go!*. After his slot
   our born again vegan hero retired back stage,
   only to find his tiny dressing room full of
   the gak-hoovering monsters  - there was no
   chance of conducting an interview in this
   environment - so back to my place he came. In
   morning, he behaved oddly, refusing to touch
   toast because *there may be something in the
   bread*... apparently orange juice and muesli
   were fine. He then disappeared to the loo,
   after which I was to give him a lift to his
   train. He was gone for some time. Eventually I
   decided to see if he was OK. Just as I was
   about to knock on the door, he rushed out,
   muttering he was ready to go. In the car he
   was very quiet. After dropping him at the
   station, I returned home & noticed a puddle
   under the toilet door. A glance inside was all
   it took! The floor was soaked! The cistern
   handle was hanging off, paper strewn over the
   floor and in the bowl nestled a single,
   perfect popstar turd. I washed it away with a
   bucket of water. The repairs cost me £40.

Rock and Roll Stories

poorlulu

Re: Rock and Roll Stories
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
Me and three friends were standing around

and I said "I'm incredibly pretentious".

And one of my friends said, "that's interesting, because I'm incredibly pretentious too. I'm nowhere near as important as I think I am".

And then another friend said "how about that - I also am incredibly pretentious. I'm nowhere near as important as I think I am, and nobody cares what I think about the World Bank".

And then the final friend said "well, I wasn't going to say anything, but..." - until me and my other two friends said

"Oh no, not U2."
 (apeloverage, Fri 30 Jun 2006, 11:26 )
 This is a question reply

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  Me and three friends were standing around

and I said "I'm incredibly pretentious".

And one of my friends said, "that's interesting, because I'm incredibly pretentious too. I'm nowhere near as important as I think I am".

And then another friend said "how about that - I also am incredibly pretentious. I'm nowhere near as important as I think I am, and nobody cares what I think about the World Bank".

And then the final friend said "well, I wasn't going to say anything, but..." - until me and my other two friends said

"Oh no, not U2."
 (apeloverage, Fri 30 Jun 2006, 11:26 )
 This is a question reply
Oh, no!   :D    :p  

Let me guess.
 The other two friends were Oasis and Coldplay.

saintangelsin

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:28:00 pm »
I have quite a few good rock and roll stories. but I'll just share a few that are kinda funny.

1. Last year at the 2005 Hfstival, I'm standing around the press box area, waiting for my sister. I'm talking to this girl who is an intern for HFS. we're just talking the woes of college. I paused for a second and say "Hi Dave" to the guy passing me. Lisa (the intern) gives me this look and said "did you just realize you said hi to dave grohl?" then it hit me. I still can't believe i said Hi to him like he was a casual friend or something. I guess that's proof I rarely spass out about rock stars?

2. Another good story happened back in May of this year. I went to go see INXS at DAR Constitution Hall. I had a free ticket, which was pretty rad. After the show, I'm walking around the building trying to figure out how to get back to the metro. I turn a corner and found INXS' tour bus. I figured that it was early and why not wait around and see if they come out. I end up waiting around with like 10 other women. I ended up meeting Kirk Pengilly (who I had just interviewed on the phone a few days before and yes he remembered me oddly enough) and Andrew Ferriss. that whole night was just very spontaneious. I wasn't even expecting to get a free ticket to the show, let alone meet two of the founding members of one of my favorite bands.

3. Last summer, while back stage waiting for interviews at the Vans Warped Tour, I am killing time in the catering room. I am sitting down at a table, going through notes. I notice that SpongeBob Square Pants is on the Big Screen TV that is on the other side of the room. I look up from my note book to see who is in the room, and M Shadows (lead singer) of Avenged Sevenfold is sitting there, watching the cartoons. I couldn't help but just chuckle to myself. I realized at that moment, about 10000 teens would love to take my spot and that it's an odd sight to see someone who is supposedly such a rock and roll bad ass watching SpongeBob of all things.

boweswana

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:19:00 am »
I made out with Mick Mars from Motley Crue in the bathroom of Ben's Chili Bowl.  It was pretty rad and I was thinking of all the other rock dudes that would love to be tongue wrangling with Mick just like I was right then.  But y'know to me a sixty year old dude that looks enbalemed is hot any way around so whether he's a rock star like Mick or a librarian like the guy I was making out with just yesterday it doesn't matter, I'm not caught up in rock star stuff and they're all just people to swap spit with as far as I'm concerned, LOLLERCASTER!!  It was pretty gross when he burped and it tasted like a hot dog but hey, rock and roll ain't meant to be pretty!

My mom got drunk once and told my dad in front of the whole Officer's Club that my real father was one of Dion and the Belmont's road crew but I think she was kidding.