Author Topic: High Dials/Hopewells at Velvet Lounge  (Read 2957 times)

xcanuck

High Dials/Hopewells at Velvet Lounge
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
1. So....who's going?
 2. Anyone know if the High Dials are headlining? I would assume they are but...
 3. Any idea what time the headliners usually go on stage at the VL? I've got an 8pm hockey game that night in Rockville and my wife has a game in Laurel at 8:30pm.

kurosawa-b/w

Re: High Dials/Hopewells at Velvet Lounge
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
You know I'll be there. Can't wait! I am fairly certain that The High Dials are headlining. No idea about set times. It's the Velvet, so I'd guess late. Hopefully you'll catch Hopewell because they are fantastic live.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
ill be there. cant wait to finally see hopewell since i missed them when i was in chicago  :(
HeyLa

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 11:09:00 pm »
I hope more people are going to come to this? Here are some links to the band web sites:

The High Dials

Hopewell

Both sites have mp3s that you can listen to. I know a lot of you would enjoy both bands.

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 11:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I hope more people are going to come to this? Here are some links to the band web sites:

The High Dials

Hopewell

Both sites have mp3s that you can listen to. I know a lot of you would enjoy both bands.
I definitely recommend this show. However it's my B/day on that night so I will be sticking close to home with some good friends.If you remember, hoist one for me!That night I'll have made it to through another year on this crazy planet.

Bags

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:27:00 am »
It's on my 'maybe' list.  I'm a little concerned that the High Dials will go on super late -- velvet lounge has been known to start headliners at or after midnight on a school night.  We're pretty slammed at work, so I'm not sure I can stay out that late....

I think we'll hit Metropolitan at Fort Reno and go from there.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  It's on my 'maybe' list.  I'm a little concerned that the High Dials will go on super late -- velvet lounge has been known to start headliners at or after midnight on a school night.  We're pretty slammed at work, so I'm not sure I can stay out that late....

I think we'll hit Metropolitan at Fort Reno and go from there.
In my opinion, Hopewell alone is worth the price of admission...

Bags

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
Good to know, K.  Thanks for the heads up...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 08:23:00 am »
I probably would go to this show but I just can't stand the way things start so late at the VL.  Going to the beach tomorrow morning and I need my beauty sleep.

Bags

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
Speaking of, anyone have an idea of set times for tonight?

Tom Servo

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
I'm in for tonight.  I'd also like to know set times, but I'll probably get there early just in case.  I don't have a feel for sellout potential at the smaller venues.  I've been surprised at how empty some shows are, while some sell out before the doors open (BJM).  That may have been an exception though.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
I called the Velvet for info. This info may not be very reliable. But the guy said the show would be $6 and the bands will start around 9:30. Again, I don't know if I trust that. If it's only $6, I repeat that Hopewell alone is worth that -for all of you that are worried about the late hour.

megs

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
i'll be joining the lovely kurosawa...

boweswana

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
I'll be by handing out flyers for our show on the 26th.  I'm a nice person so please don't kick me in the testicles or anything if I try to give you one.

Thanks!!!!!

Bags

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
I didn't make it....any reports back for those of us who missed it?  (Inevitably I read a review of the Hopewell album in Entertainment Weekly this a.m.)