Author Topic: RHCP presale  (Read 4966 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: RHCP presale
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by chaz:

I was at the infamous rape show at GMU back in the day (way back -- Hillel was still in the band).
I used to know the girl that was on the unfortunate recieving end of that!  We both lived in Richmond about 10 years ago.  She was kinda wacky....but i'm pretty sure that was a pre-existing condition.  Man it's been so long I can't even remember her name. [/b]
I ran into her at a party once (a couple of years after the incident) and yeah, she was "wacky."    She was drunk and was crying because it was the anniversary of her boyfriend's suicide (or maybe overdose?). [/b]
Yeah i seem to remember something about her bf committing suicide.  Can't remember how though.  She did always seem to have plenty of, um, prescription medication which she was willing to share on occasion.  Never with me though.

To be 21 again..

mankie

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
  [QUOTE

It's possible that she -- like countless other women -- broke into a fit of laughter once she realized that I have a tiny pee-pee.

Indeed.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 03:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

It's possible that she -- like countless other women -- broke into a fit of laughter once she realized that I have a tiny pee-pee.

Indeed. [/b]
Well my ancestry is English.....

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Metal Meltdown:
 I dug some of the older stuff, but nothing they have done in 13 years has interested me really. My fandom faded as I got older and they started releasing poppy crap. [/QB]
their first record was a hoot... a fun listen... saw them at least once in a club and then on lollapoolza in their earlish days.  they are a decent singles band with loads of filler on their records.  i really wish i could have heard them do "owner of lonely boner"...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 04:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

By the way, were are all the Chili Peppers fans?The seem to sell CD's and tickets to shows but I've yet to meet anyone who likes them.
You know one now.  And I agree that their earlier stuff was far better than their most recent stuff.  I haven't seen them live in years though and have no intention of doing it now.
27>34

Bags

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2003, 04:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  but QOTSA are warming up... would have been worth checking out if it wasn't at nissan.
goddamn it.  I agree totally.  Anywhere but Nissan. It's not worth the four hours travel time.  I'm never gonna see QOTSA I think.  :(

Random Citizen

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2003, 05:01:00 pm »
There may still be hope...after QOTSA's stint with RHCP, they're supposedly doing a few club shows on the West Coast. But there have also been reports saying they're going back into the studio in October.

Also Nick's band, Mondo Generator, have been scheduling random shows when Lollapalooza rolls into a town. I'm hoping there's one next week when the tour comes to this area.

My recommendation: Check  thefade.net
 once in a while for updates. It's an excellent QOTSA fan site that gets updated much more frequently than the band's official page.

Originally posted by bags:
 goddamn it.  I agree totally.  Anywhere but Nissan. It's not worth the four hours travel time.  I'm never gonna see QOTSA I think.     :(    [/QB]