Author Topic: RHCP presale  (Read 4965 times)

markie

RHCP presale
« on: July 24, 2003, 02:34:00 pm »
Rest assured, I wont be there.

Saturday, September 6
 Nissan Pavilion

Dear big hairy no taste in music twat.,

As an HFS.Comrade we have an exclusive pre-sale for the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, September 6th, at Nissan Pavilion.
 The tickets for the show go on sale to the general public this Saturday, July 26th at 10am through Ticketmaster.

You can get your tickets in advance beginning Friday, July 25th at 10am, just for being an HFS.Comrade! This pre-sale only lasts til 9pm Friday night, so don't delay on getting your tickets to the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Here are the details for the pre-sale:

Password: whfs

Click on the link below and you must use the password to purchase the tickets.

Link: <http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150036F26D00103B?brand=&artistid=848229&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60>http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150036F26D00103B?brand=&artistid=8 48229&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Thanks for being a fan of HFS and we'll see you at the show!

Your Friends,
 99.1 HFS

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: RHCP presale
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 02:44:00 pm »
but QOTSA are warming up... would have been worth checking out if it wasn't at nissan.
T.Rex

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam way back when. I won tickets, and couldn't even find any friends who wanted to go to the show. I heard about two Pearl Jam songs, the whole SP set, and lasted through a half dozen RHCP songs. Based on what I heard, I think I would find Pearl Jam the most tolerable of the three.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 03:29:00 pm »
I was at the infamous rape show at GMU back in the day (way back -- Hillel was still in the band).

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 03:33:00 pm »
Do tell GGW.  I'm not aware of this story.

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
Didnt Anthony decide to umm..excuse me ladies... "dickslap" a female concert goer or something??

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I was at the infamous rape show at GMU back in the day (way back -- Hillel was still in the band).
I used to know the girl that was on the unfortunate recieving end of that!  We both lived in Richmond about 10 years ago.  She was kinda wacky....but i'm pretty sure that was a pre-existing condition.  Man it's been so long I can't even remember her name.

ggw

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Do tell GGW.  I'm not aware of this story.
Once upon a time, the Red Hot Chili Peppers (a then-unknown young band of hooligans from LA) played a show for Mason Day at GMU.  They were on a little stage outside the library.  There was a little hospitality trailer for the bands.  The girl from the GMU promotion office went in to the trailer to see the band before they went on.  From what I heard, Anthony Keidis grabbed her arm and said "Are you the one that's going to suck all our d!cks?"

Apparently she was not there for that purpose, as she pressed charges for sexual assault.  Keidis was convicted in Fairfax County Court of some lesser offense and just paid a fine.

chaz

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 03:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Metal Meltdown:
  Didnt Anthony decide to umm..excuse me ladies... "dickslap" a female concert goer or something??
The girl was a student Mason and worked on the events committee.  If my memory is correct she was in charge of getting the peppers from the airport to the hotel and to the venue etc.
 Yeah I think they pretty much held her down and place some sockless appendages in her face.  At least that's what I remember hearing.

ggw

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

I used to know the girl that was on the unfortunate recieving end of that!  We both lived in Richmond about 10 years ago.  She was kinda wacky....but i'm pretty sure that was a pre-existing condition.  Man it's been so long I can't even remember her name. [/b]
I ran into her at a party once (a couple of years after the incident) and yeah, she was "wacky."    She was drunk and was crying because it was the anniversary of her boyfriend's suicide (or maybe overdose?).

mankie

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 03:44:00 pm »
Seeing as he is immensely talented  :roll:  I bet the skanky ho set him up.

By the way, were are all the Chili Peppers fans?The seem to sell CD's and tickets to shows but I've yet to meet anyone who likes them.

mankie

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »

I ran into her at a party once (a couple of years after the incident) and yeah, she was "wacky."    She was drunk and was crying because it was the anniversary of her boyfriend's suicide (or maybe overdose?). [/b]
Are you sure she wasn't crying because you injured her when you ran into her?

chaz

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

Originally posted by Metal Meltdown:
The girl was a student Mason and worked on the events committee.  If my memory is correct she was in charge of getting the peppers from the airport to the hotel and to the venue etc.
 Yeah I think they pretty much held her down and place some sockless appendages in her face.  At least that's what I remember hearing. [/b]
She got a bunch of $$ out of the band, but she was never able tell how much due to the confidentiality clause of the settlement.  

She definately had more money than me though...at the time I was washing dishes for $5/hr.  It was under the table though and there were free drinks.  Hmmmm, maybe this IT career ain't so great after all.

ggw

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2003, 03:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Are you sure she wasn't crying because you injured her when you ran into her?
It's possible that she -- like countless other women -- broke into a fit of tears once she realized that she would never have me.

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Seeing as he is immensely talented   :roll:   I bet the skanky ho set him up.

By the way, were are all the Chili Peppers fans?The seem to sell CD's and tickets to shows but I've yet to meet anyone who likes them.
I dug some of the older stuff, but nothing they have done in 13 years has interested me really. My fandom faded as I got older and they started releasing poppy crap.