Author Topic: the Notwist  (Read 2067 times)

wingelbert humptyback

the Notwist
« on: February 11, 2003, 11:26:00 am »
<BR>April 2, Black Cat.<P>I'll be counting the seconds.

Guiny

Re: the Notwist
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 01:12:00 pm »
Thats alot of counting.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 02:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B>Thats alot of counting.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, i lost track during lunch and have since moved on to reorganizing my collection of Tatu trading cards.

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 02:59:00 pm »
What are they like?
oword

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Relaxer:<BR><B>What are they like?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>notwist are fairly hard to pin down stylistically. what started as a metal band, moved on to no-wave and then finally landed up being electronic pop. if you imagine someone merging the glitch/click production of a warp records cut mixed with the pop sensibility of new order you might not be too far off from their latest material. but that probably wouldn't be giving them enough credit, considering their ability to seamlessly pull in bits from many other genres as diverse as folk and dnb. what i appreciate is the way they've managed to create some really soulful pop while still managing to use fairly cutting edge studio techniques. it's good, good stuff.