Author Topic: Superdrag @ AU  (Read 15626 times)

jadetree

Re: Superdrag @ AU
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2003, 07:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> So if I slip the doorman a Jackson, he'll let me in?  It always works at the club.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You will have to figure that out on your own.

jadetree

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2003, 07:11:00 pm »
somebody should talk them out of playing the Tavern

mjnova

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »
I just realized my dad is an alum.  Maybe I can use that in some way, even if it means takin him to a rock n roll show.<P>Otherwise, it would be nice if the 'Drag played a headlining show that was announced (the GBV thing doesn't count) cause the DC Sessions performance was one of the most piss poor things I've seen, and I know they're better than that.

Fico

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2003, 02:19:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BookerT:<BR><B>Superdrag in Bender? I would really doubt this to be the case. That place holds around 5,000 people. Superdrag had one song that got played on "Alternative Nation" back in 1996. Bender is where Nirvana played on the "In Utero" tour. Weezer played there a couple years ago or so. I don't see Superdrag at that level of popularity. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bender is too big for superdrag.. Weezer played Bender while on their yahoo tour and I recall Moby and Green Day being amongst other performers to play in the venue..<P>btw, for those not going to the PAul Weller show the Soundtrack of Our Lives will be on Leno tonite..<P>

jadetree

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2003, 03:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fico:<BR><B> Bender is too big for superdrag.. Weezer played Bender while on their yahoo tour and I recall Moby and Green Day being amongst other performers to play in the venue..<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well it is not in Bender, but you are missing the point.  The shows you mention were probably put on by IMP and were money making ventures.  The Superdrag show is being put on by a student organization for students.  If they wanted to use Bender for that purpose I am sure they could work it out.

Celeste

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 03:39:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> So if I slip the doorman a Jackson, he'll let me in?  It always works at the club.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't know what kind of club it is, but if that doesn't work, you might try the promise of later slipping him a Johnson...<P>

ggw

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celeste:<BR><B> I don't know what kind of club it is, but if that doesn't work, you might try the promise of later slipping him a Johnson...<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Rhett's working the door?!?!?

Henry Dark

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
I heard Rhett is always leaving the back door open...

paige

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2003, 03:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>somebody should talk them out of playing the Tavern</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>why? the tavern is nice and small and kind of random.. but at least you can see from wherever youre standing

jadetree

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> why? the tavern is nice and small and kind of random.. but at least you can see from wherever youre standing</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Most of the crowd wont give a shit who they are.  And they should be headlining a show at the Black Cat.

paige

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2003, 06:21:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> Most of the crowd wont give a shit who they are.  And they should be headlining a show at the Black Cat.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thats true.. but for those who are fans of theirs i think would like seeing them at a place that is small and kind of random yet cozy

jadetree

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2003, 06:27:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> thats true.. but for those who are fans of theirs i think would like seeing them at a place that is small and kind of random yet cozy</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I studied for finals too often in the Tavern to feel comfortable watching a concert there.

paige

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2003, 07:29:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I studied for finals too often in the Tavern to feel comfortable watching a concert there.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how could you study there? its like a skeezy bar from 1984 haha

ggw

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2003, 07:31:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> how could you study there? its like a skeezy bar from 1984 haha</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You've never met Jadetree..........

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2003, 12:01:00 am »
hrm...I'm starting to get scared about playing there on March 22nd LOL I already know it's like a food court but damn what else aren't they telling me!!!<P>They're sound equipment tech specs are pretty damn good with the gear they've got  <P>MindCage<BR><A HREF="http://www.deep6.com" TARGET=_blank>Deep6 Productions[/url]<BR><A HREF="http://www.mindlessfaith.com" TARGET=_blank>Mindless Faith[/url] <BR>
3MTA3