Author Topic: Superdrag @ AU  (Read 15623 times)

ggw

Superdrag @ AU
« on: February 12, 2003, 11:24:00 am »
Superdrag is allegedly playing a students-only show at American on the 28th.  Anyone know anything about this?

es9450a

Re: Superdrag @ AU
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
Yeah...this is from my experience from last year's student shows.  If they're playing the Tavern in AU, generally anyone can come in and watch.  That happened in November when a bunch of emo kids from Virginia came to watch Counterfit.  Of course, since Superdrag is a big name, they might actually block off the enterance and make people show school IDs to get in.  but even so, you can sit on a couch right outside the tavern and still hear the band fine.<P>Now I dont know exactly how big Superdrag is, but I suppose there is a chance theyll be playing in Bender Arena, which is basically our little non-athletic-college version of a Basketball court.  If they do that, they'll definitely be checking for student IDs, but you'll probably be able to pay for a ticket to get in if you're not a student.

jadetree

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 11:40:00 am »
I am guessing they would not play the Tavern, it is too small, although Nirvana did play there before they were big.  There is a show in Bender every spring and this is most likely it, not a great place to see a show.  Where did you hear this?<BR>

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 11:57:00 am »
Superdrag in Bender? I would really doubt this to be the case. That place holds around 5,000 people. Superdrag had one song that got played on "Alternative Nation" back in 1996. Bender is where Nirvana played on the "In Utero" tour. Weezer played there a couple years ago or so. I don't see Superdrag at that level of popularity.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 11:59:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I am guessing they would not play the Tavern, it is too small, although Nirvana did play there before they were big.  There is a show in Bender every spring and this is most likely it, not a great place to see a show.  Where did you hear this?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Apparently I've been told that the Tavern can hold about 600 people. It's also a food court or something like that?  I dunno but we're playing there on March 22nd (yeah shameless plug!) haha<P>MindCage<BR><A HREF="http://www.deep6.com" TARGET=_blank>Deep6 Productions[/url]<BR><A HREF="http://www.mindlessfaith.com" TARGET=_blank>Mindless Faith[/url]
3MTA3

ggw

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 11:59:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I am guessing they would not play the Tavern, it is too small, although Nirvana did play there before they were big.  There is a show in Bender every spring and this is most likely it, not a great place to see a show.  Where did you hear this?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <A HREF="http://pub18.ezboard.com/fdragnetsuperdragbbsallthelatestnews.showMessage?topicID=344.topic" TARGET=_blank>http://pub18.ezboard.com/fdragnetsuperdragbbsallthelatestnews.showMessage?topicID=344.topic[/url]

jadetree

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>
Originally posted by jadetree:<BR>I am guessing they would not play the Tavern, it is too small, although Nirvana did play there before they were big.  There is a show in Bender every spring and this is most likely it, not a great place to see a show.  Where did you hear this?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <A HREF="http://pub18.ezboard.com/fdragnetsuperdragbbsallthelatestnews.showMessage?topicID=344.topic" TARGET=_blank>http://pub18.ezboard.com/fdragnetsuperdragbbsallthelatestnews.showMessage?topicID=3 44.topic[/url]
<P>I wonder if they are allowing Alumni in?

ggw

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I wonder if they are allowing Alumni in?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How much do you give?

jadetree

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> How much do you give?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>never given a dime<P><BR>I emailed the Student Union Board for some details, will post response here<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 02-12-2003).]

es9450a

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 12:44:00 am »
Honestly, in the Tavern shows in the fall they didn't care at all about making sure it was students only.  Like was mentioned in the Superdrag message board (that was linked below), the show isn't being advertised because it's intended mainly for students.  But they can't really stop you from being in there.<P>I had heard a rumor that the big Bender Arena show this semester was gonna be the Sum41 show, but apparently that's at 930 instead.

jadetree

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
I got a response, and basically the show is not finalized yet but when it is it is technically just for students.  But you can probably get in if you are resourceful.  And I am sure they wouldn't turn down a poor Alumnus like me.

ggw

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 06:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I got a response, and basically the show is not finalized yet but when it is it is technically just for students.  But you can probably get in if you are resourceful.  And I am sure they wouldn't turn down a poor Alumnus like me.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Where is it?  In the Tavern?

jadetree

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 06:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> Where is it?  In the Tavern?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The guy did not say, it was an extremely short response.  I will reply.

jadetree

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2003, 06:56:00 pm »
Well I am surprised, it is in the Tavern.

ggw

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2003, 06:58:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>Well I am surprised, it is in the Tavern.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So if I slip the doorman a Jackson, he'll let me in?  It always works at the club.